Chapter 9 Be Careful, Hide Yourself

A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

Jean de La Fontaine

***

8 years Later, Paris

Evelyn's POV

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggg!!!!

The alarm clock's annoying voice woke me up. Oh my god this is the 3rd alarm! Why didn't I hear the first 2 ones!!!

I got up quickly and had a shower to wake up completely. I broke my own record. I brushed my ginger hair, big part of my new appearance, and left it loose. Then I wore my skinny black jeans and white shirt with black dots, my army green coat and my read scarf. I have put on some eyeliner, concealer and light pink lipgloss. I wore my red velvet textured boots, finally grabbed my black tassels sling clutch.

By the time I was outside, I had heard the song "Sway" . My phone was ringing.

It was my best friend since I first set foot Paris, Adele. She was Ruby's daughter.  She was middle height and blonde. She was a total French after living here more than a decade .

"Bonjour, Adele."

"Hello to you to, Claire! Where are you? We need you here, one of the customers has some problems and wants to see the owner of the café. Also he seems very rich and handsome but that's not the issue right now. " she asked, she was agitated but also angry.

Yeah by the way I changed my name when I came to Paris my new name is Claire Beauchamp.

"I'm on my way. Je suis désolé. Wait, aren't we partners? You also own the café, deal with him whoever he is." I told her.

" Well, that's right but legally you are the owner and I help you. And he wants especially the owner. So come here quickly. Hanging up."

"Wai--" She hung up? Always the same excuse. I was legally the owner but we bought this place together and then we started to work together, best friends also co-workers. Seems like a dream? Well it has its pros and cons.

I didn't notice how many minutes had passed during our conversation but the journey was over. I walk to the door of my café. It was a café in the Champs Élysées. Café La Pluie. The rain. Its name reminded me my unfinished jobs in the past.

The café was warm. Adele and I wanted it to feel like home to the customers. There were white coffee tables and armchairs with light pastel colours around them, also there was relaxing background music and a bookcase which covers a whole wall for the customers to spend time. There were vintage paintings from various painters, some I have drawn, on the other walls which completed the artistic ambience.

Today there was something else waiting for me other than the warm and nostalgic atmosphere of my café. An angry customer. It was just morning and there was already a problem. Something that never happened before. I wonder who that customer is.

I got into the café and headed for the table that Adele was standing next to but the view shocked me.

William!?

He was a little different but I recognized him easily. He was wearing a white shirt, grey suit and a black neck tie, he became sexier?

Whoah, where did that thought come from? I shook my head mentally to forget those thoughts, of course he didn't. Then he looked at me with that same blue eyes that I once fell for. He was even more hands---

I should really stop thinking about him. I didn't dare to end this conversation in my mind. I only stared at him trying to supress my feelings.

"Are you the owner Miss?" He was the first one to talk. That same voice brought me to reality.