Chapter 3 Meeting Him

Evelyn's POV

My alarm clock rang annoyingly. I woke up and went to the bathroom and saw my reflection in the mirror.

I was horrible. There were purple rings under my eyes. I should really sleep more...

My skin was pale. I wasn't beautiful anyway but now I looked really awful.

I washed my face with cold water and put on my glasses with black frames that I have to wear because of the accident. I wore my jeans, my dark blue hoodie and tied my hair in a messy bun, took my books.

It was the same routine everyday. I was finally on my way to school hoping nothing bad is waiting for me. Well the weather was sunny at least.

I feel like this is gonna be a good day. Even though it depends on how you perceive good . In that case, I only wanted a day without bullying and trouble.

Playing Pollyanna...

***

The first few classes passed very slowly and finally it was the lunch break. I took my tray, put some food and headed for one of the tables.

Let's say in our school if you are alone, finding a place to sit and eat can be very hell hard. You just wander around like a lost deer in the forest and all the people glare at you like lions waiting for their prey everytime you go near them.

Weird analogy I know but still. They are all trying to show you that you are unwanted and youdon't belong to any "group".

As always every table was taken and people were looking at me weirdly this time, I thought it was because of my appearance but then I learned the real reason in a bad way.

I was walking, still searching the tables at the same time. And I bumped into someone. His T-shirt which hugged his six packs perfectly was now covered with the sphagetti that was once on my tray.

Well, I must be a really good observer and crazy to notice and compliment his six packs in this kind of situation because I was really screwed.

I was embarassed, my cheeks were in dark red, my body was burning. Everybody was whispering and looking at me as if I commited a huge crime against the president. I was looking at the floor when a voice called me, an angry voice.

"You, nerd girl, look here!"

Ok, calm down, you didn't use to be like this Evelyn, now look at him.

"I-I-I'm sorry." you stuttered you idiot.

"You bumped into me yesterday, too. Now this is too much!" I saw his clenched fists and nearly white fingers, what was this anger about? It's not like I tried to kill him, I just bumpedninto him twice. I wish I had the guts to tell this to his face but words just couldn't leave my mouth.

I know I would be in the floor covered with blood if I wasn't a girl. I looked at his face finally.

He was taller than me that I could only reach just below his shoulders with my height. He had blue georgeous eyes, he was really unfortunately very hot, I thought. Then the reality butted in...

My eyes widened, Oh my God! He was William McCartney!

The captain of the basketball team, the vocalist of the school band, the son of rich business man Thomas Mccartney, dream boy of every girl in school... But he was a total player.

He usually hung out with people counted as popular, his best bro-s Ben and Steve who were also very rich and the head cheerleader Melanie, who was very rich and sexy- basically the dream girl- but who was also a total bitch,and her sister who was also a cheerleader,Kat.

How do I know all of this?

Because I don't talk to anyone so I have a lot of time to observe and listen. And also they are like the most cliché characters who could ever exist so when you learn one thing the rest comes like a free package.

Ok, so many was going on in my inner world but the outer world was still the same. All these teenagers were looking at me murderously. Especially Melanie, I bet she is now planning my end in her head.

Everybody knew William and Melanie broke up but Melanie was still standing close to him, pretending to be "just friends" but of course she was jealous.

And I hit Will twice and now he was messed up because of my clumsiness and there was gonna be a price. I just closed my eyes waited for punishment in return but something unexpected happened.

He started to laugh?

The atmosphere was tense but everbody started to laugh with him.

Still there was a trace of wickedness and rage in William's laughter, that only I could notice.

After a while, he took a step forward.

I was now about to have a heart attack, my heart was about to rip my ribcage apart. And he knew that. I knew he could hear, we were so close. He was doing this on purpose.

"You know the fearful waiting for something bad that will happen is worse than the feeling when it really happens." then he walked away, just like that.

I was standing, frozen, like a statue. Everbody turned their heads away as soon as Willliam left.

Wow, he was very intimidating I should say, and the bad thing was that, he was right. Nobody could know it better than me. The fear of waiting disasters...

I wish he wasn't that cruel. He was very good looking, those eyes, like the ocean blue--

Wait what's happening! No, no, no that's what he wants. I shouldn't fall for his charms. I'm not one of that easy girls. Besides does he even look at me? I mean he dated the sexiest girls in school. And look at me! The nerd girl who has been pushed away and faded, worthless.

He who holds only anger to me attracts me? No way, I can't give in and then have a broken heart in the end. I've been through a lot already.

Inside, he's just arrogant and ruthless jerk.

And inside, I must be totally insane to be able think about such things in this pitiful situation.

***

The bells woke me up from the infinite sea of my thoughts. And the day just passed after that. I went home.

Well, I didn't know how long I was capable of continuing to be optimistic. Life was really playing with me, and pushing my patience limits. And it had no intentions to stop.

**********

Author's Note : Thanks for checking this out , Keep reading ; )

This story is not what you think; ) Plot twists are the nature of the stories afterall...

*spoilerss...*

Please comment and vote :)

XOXO ☆