Chapter 12 So-called Kidnapping

Evelyn's POV

I ended up deciding to meet him, know your friends well but your enemies better. I had no idea about what was he up to so I wore some casual stuff, of course caring about how I look, not for him, for myself.

I tucked my white blouse in my jean shorts, wore a black leather blazer jacket and a burgundy scarf. The weather was not that warm in the middle of autumn. I checked my light make up, my ginger hair was in natural waves, flowing. Years treated me better at least on outside, I had almost eveything for my revenge, except one thing. The most important part and seems to be not that easy.

I finally arrived at the Eiffel Tower.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock...

What the hell is going on? He told me to wait here but where is he now? Did I live this moment before? Of course, the thing that locked my past in a black notebook and gave me grey pages. Not white or black, a chance to start over with a heart shattered in pieces...

"Good evening ma cherie." a husky voice behind my back pulled me away from my thoughts just as I was about to walk away. I didn't even need to turn around to know who it was, endearments and the whisper of devil himself, William.

"I think being late is your habit." I said as soon as I turned around.

"You said it like I have done it before." He answered the smirk on his face was still there but a bit faded.

"Well, I can't say otherwise actually." I said defiantly not caring about the emotions,that I wanted to erase immediately, on his face.

" Do you even know me enough to talk like that, ma belle? " I knew he made this statement just to make me angry. And he still had the nerves to use endearments.

"What do you want? Oh, and your answer had better be something important." I changed the topic before things got uglier, glaring at him, but this topic wasn't as better as it sounded in my head.

Before he could even say anything a black limo approached us. Seriously a limo?

"It's important but you need to get in if you want to understand." He showed the way to the door. Of course I wasn't stupid enough to get into that car, I learned my lesson years ago. He wasn't a reliable person.

"In your dreams!" Was he stupid or something? I turned my back at him and started to walk away but he grabbed my arm before I could even take my third step. And he started dragging me into the car.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" I yelled at him while trying to open the doors of the limo, of course they were locked.

"Kidnapping you." He answered defiantly this time, who does he think he is? Well he was one of the richest man in the world, also feared by loads. But this doesn't give him the right to kidnap me right? Unless...

"Are you crazy?" I snapped at him waving my thoughts, which were going to a dangerous way, away.

Suddenly I noticed we were too close. He was leaning on me and looking at me weirdly. He answered after an awkward silence.

"I'm far more than that, ma belle"...

***

After a journey that felt like an eternity especially when you sit very close to the person you hate, we got off that limo. I was surprised when I noticed only 20 minutes passed.

What surprised me more was that there was nothing in the view except a jet plane?!

My mouth dropped open in front of the view. This man was just unbelievable, what does he have upon his sleeves?