Chapter 24 Soul's Whisper

The Next Day

William was the first one to wake up in the morning, they were still in the arms of each other, in the special cottage which was open at every side to welcome them with the peaceful whistle of morning light. William looked at the beautiful woman beside him, as the shadow of the Sun greeted her face, he put aside a piece of soft ginger hair behind her ear. It felt so right, they were two people with the eyes covered in unnecessary needs and ran away from each other. But the dream land, it made everything that was held back for years in cruel reality, possible.

Their night in the beach was the best night Claire could ever have and William has ever had. Their sensations were intense enough to fly and cover every little particle in them and around them as they made love countless times...

William couldn't take her eyes away from the only light in his darkness, not to even look at the endless calming ocean waves, the clear skyline or the bright golden sand that looked untouched. The picture he woke up to was like once in a life time natural miracle but even miracles were relative.

The innocent looking mystery queen he held in his arms was his miracle, his Sleeping Beauty, and before she was his Cinderella. Claire was the living example of the imaginary princesses he didn't even care since he was born. Not that he cared now, but for him she was enchanted enough to be in a fairytale.

Soon, the only beauty who he could really make him feel alive moved a bit, then she slowly opened her deep eyes. She was confused for a second, then she saw William. She was with the man she came to take revenge, the whole night, they...

And he was still here, he was looking at her as she wanted him to years ago. Like he was looking at a masterpiece, or a natural thing that would only happen one in a million years. Maybe more...

His icy blue eyes were not frozen anymore, they were shining in the lightest shade of ocean blue. Yes, his eyes should have been oceans to hold all these emotions she could see. Desire, admiration, compassion, dominance but at the same time submission... Everything was possible, it was not about the place. It was all about the people, it was all about having courage and a bit madness... Afterall, the happiest firsts happen...

She didn't say anything, she got up and started to watch the amazing landscape lying in just a few steps away. But her thoughts far from being amazed by 'the dream of a lifetime' this time, she couldn't dare to catch a glimpse of him. She was holding the white sheet around her tightly,

He couldn't say anything. She was delicious. With her messed up ginger hair and naturally shining white, soft skin, she was standing a step away facing the coast.

Silence, peace, the sound of the waves which were slowly touching the warm sand, and tge tweet of birds that were flying towards th horizon made everything even better. Being with the one you love, everything was the way it had to be for a moment. The dream inside the dream of a lifetime.

*************

"So what are we doing today?" Samantha was the one who interrupted the silence in the breakfast table which involved countless food variations. Enough to feed whole Africa, Claire thought in the second she managed to ignore William. A second, and she couldn't stop thinking about him. She had no time to regret last night, after all, the things we couldn't do hurt us more than things we did.

But still nothing was easy when they were sitting at the opposite of each other, Claire tried to play with her plate more to not to look straight ahead. Unfortunately her omelette and pancakes were long gone.

"Claire is the birthday girl. Let's do what she wants to do today." Claire looked at Adele with wide open eyes. William was still watching her, openly looking at her. She could see him in the corner of her eyes but she couldn't understand his bravery.