chapter 4

els pov:

as me and eli walked to science i felt everyone's eyes watching us , but i didn't care as we was both happy.

miss grace, our science teacher, told us we could sit anywhere we wanted to sit so me and eli obviously decided to sit together. we sat in the middle off the classroom because all the popular people took the back seats.

when miss set us off on our work me and eli just talked. it was nice to see a more talkative side to him and not stupid demetri talking for him.

after us talking i heard a familiar voice shout "lip has a girlfriend" i turned my head around to see who it was. kyler! i hate him so much.

i could see that eli was getting scared so i put my hand on top of his to calm him down. but then kyler shouted again but this time he walked over to our table.

"hey girl why are you friends with this freak" i pushed my chair to stand up and my hands started to make a fist. agh i wanted to punch this dude so badly.

it has been a while since i have punched or kicked someone. i used to do karate but i had to stop as i couldn't afford it. i will always regret that.

i then felt a hand on my shoulder kind off pushing me gently back into my seat. it was eli. he saw i was getting angered.

"he's not a freak. just leave him and i alone or else' i said to the jerk who was still standing at our table. kyler was just looking at me. "or what princess will you get your karate friend rhia to kick me?" miguel does karate!

i just turned my head and ignored him. for the rest of the science lesson all i could was think about was miguel doing karate, it made me miss it.

"el?" suddenly i was brought back into reality after eli said my name. "yes eli" i said in a shocked way completely forgetting i was sat next to him. "have you got a spare pen?" you would think eli out of all people would have a pen. it's the first day of school!

"yes" i went through my pencil case to find him one "here" when i handed him the pen his fingers touched mine and it made me feel all tingly. omg i'm such a baby!

the lesson was almost finished when my phone pinged it was a text of my mom saying sorry el i'm working late again and in early i won't see you till tomorrow night i hope you had a great first day

ofcourse. i am used to my mom not being around but for some reason it really bothered me. i felt tears filling up in my eyes and i quickly wiped them away but they kept coming. eli quickly noticed that my mood had changed.

"hey whats wrong" he asked me and i looked at him but i didn't want to explain so i just handed him my phone. he was obviously confused as to why it made me so upset, but he never asked for the full story but i felt like he needed to know.

after he gave me my phone back he looked at me and held my hand and said "everything will be ok" even though i only met eli like 2 hours ago i felt like i met him years ago.

the science lesson ended and i walked out of school to get the bus home. i put my headphones in and listened to ghostin by ariana grande as that song just made me feel something. all i could think off was eli and miguel and how nice they was to me.

when i got home i cooked my own food like i always do and got ready for the night. i got in bed ready to sleep. my mind kept thinking about eli. i don't know why but it did.