chapter 17

els pov:

i'm so nervous for tonight and i don't know why. i have met hawks parents multiple times, i just think it's different this time because hawks my boyfriend and not just my friend.

i was going to wear a dress but i am keeping my dress for tomorrow (it's my 16th birthday btw) so instead i put some light blue washed jeans with my new victoria secret corset top (like the one in the picture) . and i paired it with a black leather jacket.

hawk was picking me up at 4:30pm. oh also i didn't mention he got his drivers license this morning meaning we don't have to walk around everywhere now. well his permit but we move.

i heard his horn beep. i ran outside. "woah" his car was actually so nice i have no idea of the car type but it was very big. "you looking amazing" he complemented me as i got in the car. he was wearing a blue top that matched his mohawk and black jeans.

"after we eat do you want to go to the beach and stay till midnight to start your birthday celebrations i have a good day planned" he said to me. i didn't know we had plans tomorrow but i would rather go out with hawk then spend that day stuck at home. "yes i would love to go the beach and what are we doing tomorrow" i asked him.

"it's a surprise you will see" ahhh i hate surprises, i like to know what's going on. we then pulled up outside hawks house. he gave me a kiss on the check and then he went to open my door. "hey el omg i love your outfit" hawks mom said to me, then i saw hawks dad. he scares me a little ngl.

"hello eleanor" he said, he called me by my full name, that's scary. me and hawk went to his room and just talked for a while about the dojo and about sam and miguel. i don't think i mentioned this but sam and miguel are "dating" i mean it like that because sam won't tell her dad because miguel goes to cobra kai. i don't like sam.

"guys dinner is ready" hawks mom shouted, we went to the kitchen to see what we was having. she has made us tomato pasta but it was her special recipe it was delicious. while we ate hawks parents just asked us about how we are and how's cobra kai. "we are going to go now" hawk pulled me away to the door. "thank you for the meal it was so nice" i said while getting pulled out the door. "happy birthday" they both shouted. awww that's so cute they remember my birthday.

"so where are we going" i asked hawk as we sat in the car. "you'll see" he said suspiciously, i'm guessing this is the start of my birthday celebrations. it was around 10:00pm and hawk drove up to the school. "why are we here at this time on a friday night" i asked him. i am actually really confused.

"so this is really cringy but sensei told me a way to get into the school as i want to show you something" breaking an entry what a fun birthday celebration. "is this legal?" i asked i don't want to go to jail. i'll pass on that. he ignored my question.

we went through this back door that was open and he took me into the boys toilets, last time i was in here was when miguel got attacked by kyler. "this is where we had our first moment in a way" he said, aw that's so sweet but i just feel on edge being in school at this time. "aw yes the night of the dance" i said leaning into him.

"and here" he sat down, "this was  the time i realised that i wouldn't be stuck being friends with demetri forever" i don't blame him why would anyone want to be stuck with demetri! "your gonna be stuck with me instead" i said jokingly to him.

we sat there in the boys toilets for like an hour till it was 11:00pm, "right let's go to the beach" we headed out of school and then drove down to the beach. he had a blanket that we sat. by the time we was at the beach there was 30 mins left till my birthday.

"i have some sparkling cider for us to celebrate" he said pouring it out, sparkling cider is my favourite. "you know me so well" i took a sip. "thank you for all of this i don't think i can explain how my-" i got interrupted by hawk just kissing me, of course i didn't pull away.

when i normally kiss hawk he is more soft but this time he was more passionate and i loved it. his hands went through my sandy hair from the beach. after around 10 mins we looked at the time at it was my birthday in 3 mins. "hawk three mins" i said as we stopped.

we counted down, hawk was more excited than me at this point. finally it hit 12:00. . "happy birthday" he basically jumped on top of me. "thank you" i hugged him. "here's your first present of the day" first ? "you don't need to buy me anything you know" i said to him. "open it"

when i opened this black box there was a silver necklace and on the end was a hawk with diamonds in it and the entitles of h and e. "i love it can you put it on me" i lifted up my hair as he put the necklace on me. i loved it.

after awhile he drove me back to my house, "i had the best time tonight" i said to him as i got out the car. "so did i, be ready at 10:30 i'm picking you up for a surprise!" he said, another surprise? "thank you" i kissed him.

as soon as i got in i got straight in bed and fell asleep, i cant wait for later it will be so fun.