chapter 23

els pov:

i don't know if i should go to the dojo today. i mean it is our first lesson since the all valley. but i don't want to face hawk again and sensei because he knows about me and hawk. agh i don't know what to do. i rang aisha and she told me to suck it up and not to show mercy. she's right. i guess i'm going.

there was so many new students i can't believe how many there was. i walked in on my own to see miguel and hawk already in there together. miguel walked over to me. "i thought you wasn't coming" he questioned me. "well i needed something to distract myself" that's the truth and also i kinda got forced by aisha to come.

"what's happened here" i pointed to one of the mirrors that have fell down. "looks like sensei threw a party" miguel said to me. i laughed. to be honest being here is making me feel uncomfortable i don't know if it's hawk or if i lost my passion for it so quickly. anyway i will think about that later.

"QUITE" sensei shouted. "the dojo's closes to new students today" i wonder why. "we wanted to sign up after the tournament" one of the newbies said. "get out" sensei shouted back. they all ran out of the dojo.

"everyone fall in!" sensei shouted at us all. "must have been a good party sensei" hawk said, "was you celebrating" miguel asked. "celebrating what that my students are a bunch of pussies" i see where he is coming from with that. "diaz hawk upfront" i looked down my eyes couldn't make contact with hawk or i would lose it and break down.

"hawk did you attack your opponent when his back was turned" sensei asked. "yes sensei" he said confused. "diaz did you purposely attack your opponents injury" these are weird questions. "yes sensei" i'm so confused. "you think that makes you badass maybe you need some help" don't ask me please.

"el" why did he pick me. "yes sensei" i said to sensei. "two cobras in a jungle one kills the strongest lion the other kills a crippled monkey which cobra do you want to be?" sensei could have asked anyone but he asks me. "the one that kills the lion" i said is the quieted voice.

after that i totally zoned out again. my head wasn't straight. he made us warm up and just work on basic moves. at the end of the lesson sensei wanted to speak to me. "right today you was not at your strongest now i know you broke up with hawk but you can't let that affect you" see that's where sensei is right but also wrong. it's not just hawk i just fully feel like i should be doing something else than karate or at least at cobra kai.

"sorry sensei i'll forget about it" i said to him, i walked out his office with tears down my face. miguel and hawk was still outside waiting for me as we had to go watch some film at his. also i'm surprised hawk was waiting for me. "what's wrong" miguel asked me. i didn't really want to tell him but i knew i had to. "can i speak to you for a minute" i looked at hawk "alone" hawk walked away.

"sensei was saying how the breakup shouldn't affect me and it is a little but i don't think it's that i have lost my passion for karate or doing it at cobra kai anyway" miguel was in shock. "el i support anything you want to do your my best friend ok" he hugged me. i really needed to tell someone that.

i still don't know if i should quit or if i should stay. i need to talk to someone who doesn't go to cobra kai. i think i know who i have to talk too?