chapter 9

els pov:

i was lay in my bed and my phone pinged. it was miguel cobra kais back open my moms letting me train. i jumped out of bed! yess i'm so happy to get back to training. i quickly got changed into some gym clothes and ran over to miguel's house.

"miguel" i ran up to him and hugged him. i was so happy to start doing what i loved again. "el i'm so happy come one quick let's get to the dojo" we both jogged there so we could get our stamina up.

a week went by off me and miguel training together everyday. we was doing push ups on our knuckles when the door opened. i thought we was getting new students so i was happy, but also sad because i have enjoyed spending this time with miguel.

i looked up and a group off old women walked in woth yoga mats. "hello" one of them said to johnny "it's 5:00 twilight is upon us" what does that mean? those ladies are really odd. "what's going on" me and miguel both asked johnny.

"i had to rent the dojo out for a few hours until we get more students" i felt bad for johnny because miguel was his only student paying full price as he knew my money situation. the ladies put some sign up over the wall as they said the energy was bad or something.

me and miguel got our things and left. that was so weird. those ladies were creepy. "want to go grab a milkshake?" miguel asked me. "might aswell we have nothing else to do" we walked to this 80s diner inspired place. i got a vanilla milkshake and miguel got an chocolate.

"so el how's eli" he asked me with a really weird look on his face. why was everyone being weird? "yeah good" i said i didn't know how to reply to a question like that as me and eli haven't really talked about what we are since that day in study hall. this conversation got awkward fast.

"miguel do you remember the first day of school" i asked him, the first day felt so long ago. " yes ofcourse i do you was the first person to talk to me" he said his cheeks going red. we was talking about the first for ages until we was interrupted by a group off boys walking in. ah shit it's kyler again.

"look it's el and miguel , the cobra kai fighters" he said mockingly , we ignored him and just kept talking until kyler had to take it too far. i felt a hand on my shoulder and it was his. it scared me. "get off me you jerk" i shouted in his face. why is he being so annoying!

"you prefer lip over me" he said then turned to laugh with his friends. "his names eli not lip and i would chose him over anyone!" i didn't think off what i said and said it. i grabbed miguels hand and pulled him out of the diner.

"woah el are you ok" miguel asked. i didn't know if i was angry or upset i think i was both. "i'm fine it just annoys me how he talks to everyone like shit" i think i'm more annoyed. "i just want to go home" i stormed off, i didn't mean to so horrible to miguel then i just was pissed.

i walked home and was looking at my phone not knowing who to ring or talk to. i rang eli. he answered and i told him everything. i was crying my eyes out and i have no clue why. he told me everything was going to be ok. but the thing it wasn't, and i knew it wasn't.