chapter 36

els pov:

last day of summer! i have no plans well i remember hawk asking me about some party but i doubt i will go. i woke up and decided to get my bag ready for the first day back.

i was doing that and i get a text of sam. you down for a party at moons tonight hell yes i am! i told her yes and i went to pick out an outfit. she was picking me up in an hour. so i got in the shower and got ready.

i picked out a white embroidered dress and paired it with my sophia webster's.( picture at top) i curled my hair and right in time for sam to pick me up. i got in the car and robby was there . "ready to party" i asked . he nodded. "you sure your up to this with your mom and everything" sam asked robby. something must have happened with robby i want to know what.

"definitely i could use a distraction" robby said and we all walked in. we walked in to be faced with cobra kai. everyone in miyagi do was giving the cobras a horrible look but i just smiled at hawk and walked away. right what should i drink vodka or beer? i'll have beer first.

"hey el" moon ran over and hugged me. i hugged her back. "hey how are you doing" i asked her, moon is actually super sweet. "i'm actually nervous my girlfriend is coming for the first time" she told me. "that's so cool i will have to say hi to her" i'm happy that moon has moved on from hawk. speaking of hawk i see him come over to me.

"i see you came" he said to me while he grabbed a beer. "why wouldn't i the last day of summer" we clinked our beers and i took a sip. i'm happy we are friends again. "want to come sit down" he asked me. "i will later i'm going to go find sam" i said and walked off. if robby and sam see me hanging with hawk that would end ugly.

i walk outside to see tory and sam stood on a stool drinking. "woah robby what is sam doing" robby shrugged his shoulders. i saw miguel and went over to ask him. "what's going on" i ask him. "competition i think" he was confused aswell. "i need to talk to you later" he said to me i nodded and walked back over to robby.

before i knew it tory fell over the stool. miguel helped her up but she stormed off. uptight much. i walked over to miguel to see what he wanted. "i'm sorry about the other day" he said to me it wasn't even his fault. "no it's my fault i don't know why i got pissed" i said to him. "friends?" he asked me. "nah ill pass" i said jokingly then hugging him. even though our dojo's are at war miguel will always be my best friend.

i went back inside to go join hawk. i saw him walking back to sit down he looked pissed i wonder why. "guess who" i put my hands over his eyes. "erm a weirdo" he said. i hit him as a joke. "hey that's rude" i said to him and then sat down and he put his arm round me. even though we are supposed to just be friends this felt like way more than that.

then demetri came and sat down. "ah el i see you went back to him" he said. "no demetri we are pals" i then playfully punches hawk in the arm. "yeah best pals" he punched mine back but it actually hurt a little. shit i have gone soft.

i stood up and went to get myself another beer. i saw sam talking to aisha i wonder what they was talking about? anyway i got the beer and saw demetri run past me covered in liquid. "what happened to demetri" i asked hawk. "some jerk poured it on top of him" he said. people are so mean.

after awhile of people just dancing, demetri started to make a speech. "excuse me i would like to make a toast to eli" he said. aw that's cute. but hawks face didn't seem flattered it was more of a i'm going to kill you face.

"oh sorry some of you might know him as hawk underneath that manic cosplay and the shit he puts in his hair, he is still good old eli. my binary brother" demetri kept talking. this wasn't going to end well. "well he was my binary brother he is no a real zero" everyone laughed, i don't get it what's funny about zero?

"alright that's enough demetri" hawk said to him calmly. "don't let that angry red hair fool you hes a big softie, we watched every harry potter movie together and he balled like a baby when dobby died" demetri needs to be quite now he's taking it too far and who didn't cry when dobby died?

"if he doesn't shut up imma shut him up" hawk whispered to me and mitch. "i'll join you" i said to hawk. "remember what sensei said about showing mercy" mitch reminded hawk. cobra kai showing mercy? woah shits changed.

"i've got one more thing have any of you heard of sleep" i cut demetri off. "demetri leave it" i know what he was going to say and it was unneeded. "el i see your taking your boyfriend wait i mean ex wait actually i don't know with you both" i looked at hawk and i was getting annoyed at this point. "anyway it's basically it's good old bed wetting" everyone laughed.

"and eli here is a pro, my mom even had a special mattress for him, she called it eli's waterbed" demetri continued. "screw mercy your a corpse"hawk said. hawk stormed up to demetri but robby and sam got in the way. "don't touch him" robby said. "or what" i said. i have no clue why i'm sticking up for hawk
but what demetri done was not needed.

"i see you chose your side" sam said. i rolled my eyes. "guys stop we are friends" moon said to us. not the time moon. a fight was about to break out but police sirens went off.

"el quick" hawk picked me up and ran off. he ran as far as he could. he finally put me down. "thanks" i said to him when he put me down. we ended up walking to his house. "is your mom or dad not home" i asked him. "nope work trip again" he said. so i guess i'm at his house again.

i looked at the time and it 7pm. "thank you for tonight but i need to go" even though i only just got to his house. "why" he asked me. "school tomorrow i'll see you there" i kissed his cheek and walked off.

when i got home i just got into bed and fell asleep. first day back tomorrow can't wait !