chapter 45

els pov:

all i can think about how is what miguel said to me. "be careful of hawk" what does that mean? why do i need to be careful of him. i have been with him before so why do i need to be careful?

well at least it's friday! all day i was trying to figure out what miguel meant. i wasn't concentrating in my lessons but i'm pretty sure i didn't miss anything.

i was walking to lunch and went to sit down on the cobras table bit hawk wasn't there yet. "what are you doing here"one of them said to me. i just put my head on the table and ignored him.

i felt an arm around me. "hey" it was hawk and then he kissed me on the cheek. "what's wrong el" he asked me. "nothing just tired" i leaned into him. i saw demetri give me a disappointed look but i have no clue why.

i don't know if i'm friends with demetri anymore and that makes me a little sad even though he annoyed me i liked being his friend. it makes me sad that demetri and hawk aren't friends. "hawk why don't you talk to demetri" i asked him. "no he's a nerd and he always will be" he told me. does he not remember he was once a that nerd has he forgotten his name is actually eli not hawk?

"i just think all this drama is getting dragged on for no reason" i told him. "he hurt miguel" that's where he is wrong demetri didn't robby did. "promise me to lay off the drama for now" i asked him. "yes okay" i know he doesn't mean it but if hawk starts anymore drama i will actually scream at him.

after lunch we had science meaning i got to sit next to hawk. we walked in and took our seats and we had a supply teacher meaning we wouldn't do any work. me and hawk was just talking about boring stuff and kyler came over. "hey el want to do something tonight" i don't think he knows i'm with hawk and plus i would never go out with kyler ew.

"no" i said to him and ignored him. "come on el" he said in like a really odd tone. "she said no and she has a boyfriend so back off" hawk shouted at him. "what are you gonna do" kyler said getting up in hawks face. "beat your ass" hawk said back. i know i said i didn't want any drama but if kyler gets beat up i couldn't really care.

"you wouldn't" kyler said back. hawk then punched him in the face and caused kyler to have a nose bleed. "chill man i was only messing" kyler said trying to play it off cool but he clearly wasn't joking. "hawk you ok" i asked him. he was angry at kyler i don't know if it's past anger or present anger. but either way he was angry. "he just doesn't get when you say no you mean no" hawk told me. and he's right!

"it's ok hawk" i held his hand because it was still in a fist. "also i haven't forgot that time one of his jerks kicked you" he reminded me. "yeah i haven't forgot that either" that day still haunts me. i just remember not being able to stand up and feeling so week.

after science i had english and that was just boring. finally the week was over so i walked over to hawks car and waited for him. hopefully this weekend is fun!