29. Twoset Fan Girls

Brettany felt a warm hand on her shoulder and looked up.

"Hey sweetie, I hope you didn't wait long?"

Edwina lowered her face and pecked on Brettany's cheek.

"No, I just got here myself."

Edwina sat down on the bench seat across the table from Brettany.

"So, how's it going babe?"

"I'm getting there."

"Are you eating? You look a bit frail."

"Yes, I'm eating now. Don't worry."

Edwina gave her friend a warm smile.

"Oh ! I wanted to show you something!!"

Edwina got out of her bench seat and sat next to Brettany. She scooted along the bench and gently pushed herself closer to her friend. She then reached into her bag and pulled her phone out. She tossed her long blonde hair and pulled out one of her ear pods and handed it to Brettany.

"Here. Listen. I discovered them yesterday. Aren't they cute?"

"Oh my god they look kinda geeky."

Edwina chuckled.

"That's stage 1. They're music geeks.

"I'm sorry Edwina, I can't watch this..."

Brettany turned away from the screen and pulled her ear pod out.

"Why ? They're really funny."

"That guy... the tall one. He reminds me of him."

"Oh... but your ex- is such a dweeb, nothing like Eddy. They're really entertaining. I'm sure you'll like them."

"Sorry Edwina, I can't. It's some subtle mannerisms of this guy, it's too raw for me to watch."

"Hey, that's okay.. don't worry sweetie"

Edwina felt a warm hand on her shoulderand looked up.

"Hey sweetie, I hope you didn't wait long?"

Brettany lowered her face and pecked on Edwina's cheek.

"No, I just got here myself."

Brettany sat down on the bench seat across the table from Edwina.

"So, how's it going babe?"

"I'm getting there."

"Are you eating? You look a bit frail."

"Yes, I'm eating now. Don't worry."

Brettany gave her friend a warm smile.

"Oh ! I wanted to show you something!!"

Brettany got out of her bench seat and sat next to Edwina. She scooted along the bench and gently pushed herself closer to her friend. She then reached into her bag and pulled her phone out. She tossed her long auburn hair and pulled out one of her ear pods and handed it to Edwina.

"Here. Listen. I discovered them yesterday. Aren't they cute?"

"Oh my god they look kinda geeky."

Brettany chuckled.

"That's stage 1. They're music geeks. 

"I'm sorry Brettany, I can't watch this..."

Edwina turned away from the screen and pulled her ear pod out.

"Why ? They're really funny."

"That guy... the shorter one. He reminds me of him."

"Oh... but your ex- doesn't look anything like Brett. They're really entertaining. I'm sure you'll like them."

"Sorry Brettany, I can't. It's his voice, it's too raw for me to listen to."

"Hey, that's okay.. don't worry sweetie"

Brettany noticed Edwina walk through the cafe door and waved at her from her booth. 

"Hey sweetie, I hope you didn't wait long?"

Edwina lowered her face and the girls pecked each other on their cheeks.

"No, I just got here myself."

Edwina sat down across the table from Brettany.

"So, how are you babe?"

"I'm fabulous."

"Of course you are. Oh ! I wanted to show you something!!"

"Really? Me too!"

"Me first !!"

Edwina got out of her seat and sat next to Brettany. As she scooted along the bench, Brettany also leaned in towards Edwina and the girls ended up gently pushing themselves into each other as they giggled. Edwina then reached into her bag and pulled her phone out. She tossed her long blonde hair and pulled out one of her ear pods and handed it to Brettany.

"Here. Listen. I discovered them yesterday. Aren't they cute?"

"Oh my god these are the guys I wanted to show you too !!"

"Really? Oh my god when I first saw them... I'm sorry but thought they were so geeky."

Brettany chuckled.

"I'd say that's stage 1. They are music geeks. But Edwina, you love geeks."

"I know I do. I love guys that know their stuff, don't you?"

"Of course I do. And then after a while, you think oh my god they are so cute."

"Oh my god, I knoooooooow!!"

Brettany chuckled.

"Stage 2. They are adorable.  I sometimes decide that one's cuter than the other, then they keep outdoing each other...!!"

"I wish I could draw. I could possibly draw like 100 memes of them behaving like puppies."

"Oh, but have you seen any of their videos of them playing seriously."

Edwina squealed.

"Ooooooooooh myyyyyyyyyyy gaaaaawd. They're sooooooo gorgeous!!"

"I'd say that's Stage 3. I think you're hooked honey, can't go back now."

"You know what Brettany, I almost didn't watch them because they reminded me of my ex."

"Well Edwina sweetie, to tell you the truth, me too.  But then I realised that they're two guys. We're bound to find some kinda characteristic similar to our ex in them.  But it would've been such a loss on our part if we missed out on these guys for a reason like that."