55. Twoset Geologists III

"OMG Eddy, thank you, thank you...!!"

Brett threw himself onto Eddy for a hug.

"Just doing my job Brett. Oh and I'm coming down the mineshaft with you tomorrow."

"You are ?"

"Yeah I wanna see it, too."

---------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Eddy and Brett had geared up and gone down the mineshaft in a small elevator that took them to the depth of where they were excavating.

The dust had settled overnight and they treaded carefully to where the drill, replaced overnight by the engineers, was.

"Where did you take that photo you showed me yesterday, Brett?"

Brett spread his fingers and touched the rock wall.

"Around here.."

"Where? I don't see any ore veins.."

"You have to look really closely."

Eddy was practically rubbing his nose on the wall before he finally found what he was looking for.

"...Oh my god... is this it ?"

Eddy was amazed at how Brett managed to capture the ore veins in his photo. The "veins" (thin lines) of metal (ore) in the rock were so faint and delicate.

Eddy traced the fine lines on the rock with his fingers.

Brett mumbled.

"I told you they weren't easy to photograph."

Eddy turned around to face Brett.

"I can't believe you even noticed them. You're amazing."

Brett shook his head.

"It's this mine that's amazing."

Eddy smiled.

"It's like your baby, isn't it?"

Brett looked up to Eddy and grinned.

"One big mother of a baby, it is."

"So Brett, what are you expecting..?"

"I don't know..."

"Bull. I know that face. You know."

Brett shuffled his feet.

"...Okay, so actually I do have an idea of what I want to see.. but.."

Eddy looked at Brett.

"It's okay Brett, you don't have to tell me yet."

Brett smiled in relief.

"...Thanks Eddy. I don't want to jinx myself telling you but I do wanna show you, you know?."

Eddy returned a warm smile.

" I know Brett.. I want to see it so bad too. Whatever it is."

It was the 4th day since Brett showed his photo of ore veins to Eddy. The two have been down the mine shaft every day. Neither wanted to stay up on the ground because the company directors have been ringing them non-stop and the site office phone was ringing off the hook. Eddy assured Brett that he got approval from Ken, the geologist board member, who told Eddy not to worry, that he would convince the executives so that Eddy and Brett could focus on the excavation.