89. Twoset Peas III

Eddy and Edwina exclaimed in unison again.

"MUM!!!"

-----------------------------------------------

Brett thought seeing another set of twins simultaneously exasperated about their mother was one the funniest thing he'd seen in a while but knew better not to burst out laughing in front of Eddy's mother.  It was disrespectful towards her and besides, Eddy was after all the visiting soloist of the orchestra where Brett worked, he knew it was not a wise move to embarrass him.

Brett slightly raised one eyebrow and his twin brother Brad gave an ever so slight nod.  Brad then smiled diplomatically and politely said;

"Um, it was lovely to meet you all but will you please excuse me, I need to get back to work.  If you are ever after the best coffee in Sydney, I'm just across the road. "

And he gave a wave and left.

Eddy's mother returned to asking Brett questions, which Brett really didn't mind as it was within the scope of questions he frequently received from his mother's friends; the interrogation went on and soon Eddy's mother was armed with information such as the fact that Brett was 29 years old, single, lived with his twin brother and had no single female siblings; much to her disappointment.

"Mum, please, it's not polite to ask such questions to someone you just met.."

"Oh Edwina, it's good to save time and find out what you need to know quickly."

"OMG MUUUUUUUM!!!."

"Oh Edwina, I now need some coffee."

"...Mum, you never drink coffee."

"It doesn't matter.  I wouldn't mind trying this best coffee in Sydney.  Let's go.  Eddy, good luck with your performance tonight.  We'll see you later."

"Okay, see ya Mum, Ween."

Once his family left, Eddy gave out what sounded like a half sigh, half groan.

Brett furrowed his brow;

"Um.. Eddy, are you okay?"

"Um.. yeah, you know what it's like."

"Um... maybe?  Not sure what you're referring to."

"You do realise my mum now has her eyes set on Brad ?"

"Hmm?  What for?"

"OMG.  You do realise she was milking you for info for my sister?"

"She was!?"

"OMG I can't believe you didn't realise..."

"Hmm, I did see there seemed to be a lot of pressure from your mum towards you two.."

Eddy grimaced.

"Yeah..."

Brett felt it wasn't appropriate to pry so he decided to change the subject.

"...So is Edwina a musician as well?"

"No, she's tone-deaf as a post."

Brett burst out laughing.

"OMG, one of Australia's best soloists with perfect pitch has a twin sister who is tone-deaf ?  What a scandal."

Eddy grinned.

"Yeah.  Not sure which one of us is the genetic mutation."

"Hah.  So why were you so surprised when I told you Brad had no musicality in him?"