134. Twoset Veterinarian V (Blink for benevolence 1)

A/N:Something a bit different.  Just a wee bit. ;-)

It's a 4 chapter short story (from Twoset Veterinarian V to VIII)

Hope you enjoy it <3

------------------------------------

Eddy woke up.

With his eyes still closed, he smiled as he rolled over onto his side with the intention of snuggling up to his partner Brett but instead his face was buried into a tuft of fur.

Agh Pag or Nini must have managed to sneak into the bedroom last night.

Eddy inhaled deeply, taking in a whiff of the fur. He was confident he could tell whether it was Pag or Nini, both their cats, both named after Paganini, just by sniffing them. His partner Brett was grossed out how Eddy was able to do this but Eddy wondered why Brett couldn't do it. Brett insisted that it was most definitely a weird party trick that only veterinarians would find amusing and that normal people wouldn't pull stunts like that.

So this fur smell is...

The fur didn't smell like Pag nor Nini.

The fur smelt like.... Brett.

Eddy furrowed his brows as he opened his eyes as he slowly pushed up onto his arms to have a better look at the lump of fur in front of him. The first thing he noticed was that it was the wrong colour. Pag and Nini were both tabby cats.. dark and light brown respectively. This lump of fur was white. Porcelain white. And there was a lot of it.

The next moment Eddy let out a scream.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH Brett!?!?!?!"

"What the f*ck!!! Eddy!! Whatddya screaming for?!!?"

"Oh my f*cking god!!"

"Eddy!?!?! What's wrong with you!??!?"

"What's wrong with me?!?!?!? You are asking what's wrong with ME???!?!?"

"Eddy, you're scaring me. What is it!?"

"Brett... can't you see yourself in the mirror?"

Brett scoffed.

"Oh c'mon Eddy, you know I can't see that far without my glasses..."

Brett had sat up on the bed after being awakened by Eddy's scream. He didn't like having his sleep interrupted and was grumpy. His body felt floppy but he managed to sit up. He looked at Eddy. Without his glasses, Brett could only see a fuzzy outline of Eddy but Brett could still tell that Eddy looked absolutely mortified. His mouth agape, letting out inaudible gasps. Brett had never seen him distressed like this before.

"Hey, Eddy.. are you alright..??"

Brett tried to reach out towards his distressed partner.

Eddy shuffled away.

"N... no...!! D.. don't....!!!"

"Eddy!?!?"

Eddy frantically shuffled away from Brett and fell off the bed. His body slammed onto the wooden floor and Eddy yelped.

"Eddy!!"

With surprising agility he wasn't even aware of having, Brett leapt from the bed, onto the floor. He managed to land on all fours hardly making a sound except for a soft thump and without any of his hands or feet landing on top of Eddy.

"Oh my god Eddy.. are you alright !?"

Eddy slowly opened his eyes and when he noticed Brett was on top of him as if he was pinned to the floor.  Eddy's eyes widened with fear.

"Brett.. Brett.. it's me.. It's Eddy...!! Please..."

"Eddy? What's the matter!?!?!"

"..You recognise me..??"

"Of course I bloody do!! What's wrong with you!?!?"

Eddy closed his eyes and pleaded.

"Brett... Brett.. please go have a look at yourself in the mirror..."

Brett growled. Eddy flinched.

Brett muttered;

"Where did that noise come from? Are you hungry or something?"

Brett pushed himself away from Eddy and turned around to face the bedroom mirror. He was able to see the outline of himself.. his hair.. and the rest of his body.. very white and pale.. did he remove his clothing during his sleep??

The next moment Brett let out a scream that was louder than Eddy's.

"Oh my god, what the f*ck??!!"

Brett had turned into a cat.

A large white cat with just bits of black fur on the top of his head and ears.

Eddy reached his arm out across the dining table and removed the coffee cup away from Brett.

"No sweetie, no coffee for you."

"Eddy, my name is Brett. Please don't call me as if I'm one of your cats."

Eddy looked at Brett with a raised eyebrow. Brett sighed.

"Okay Eddy the joke is on me, but please, don't start calling me sweetie. I can't handle it."

"Okay, I'm sorry Brett. Still, no coffee for you."

"That's so not fair. I need some to help me wake up!"

"No! Don't you know that caffeine is toxic to cats !?!?!?"

"Oh sh*t!"

".. I also hope you don't plan to eat that muesli with milk either, Brett..."

"Why not ?"

"Sultanas and milk are no good for cats."

"Oh my god what am I supposed to eat then !?!??"

Eddy turned around to glance at Pag and Nini, eating their cat food.

"Well..."

Brett followed Eddy's gaze and grimaced.

"F*ck, Eddy, I swear will slap you one if you suggest I eat what Pag and Nini are eating !!!"

"I, I wasn't..!! I swear!!"

"Eddy..? Are you okay? You look like you're scared of me."

"I'm not scared of you Brett.. I'm scared of big cats."

"But you're a vet!! And you own 2 cats!!"

"Yes, I am a veterinarian. That's why I'm scared. Pag and Nini are small cats. Do you know why you're allowed to keep big dogs as pets but big cats aren't domesticated?"

"No..?"

"Brett, a cat your size could easily kill me."

"Oh my f*cking god"

Eddy got up from his chair.

"Where are you going, Eddy?"

"You said you're hungry. I'm making you breakfast before you eat me. I'll make you a tuna sandwich. No cheese, no mayo and reduced salt, okay?"

To be continued...