120. Twoset Firefighters VI / Competitors IV Mashup

A/N: Ready for another Mashup?  I thought I'd prod things from a different angle ;-)

The two firefighters never got to talk about what they tried to talk about in the firetruck on their way back from the owl retrieval call-out. After Firefighter Brett nearly lost control of the firetruck twice, he was so embarrassed, he practically fled from the truck upon their return to their fire station and cleverly dodged and avoided Firefighter Eddy for the rest of their shift. This was a first.

While things seemed to have gone back to normal from the following day, ever since Firefighter Eddy heard Zookeeper Brett's words about his colleague Firefighter Brett highly likely to be crazy about him, Firefighter Eddy started to become more aware of the subtle things about his colleague Brett. Firefighter Brett had also become very self-conscious about his crush on his colleague. As a result, the duo was acting rather weird around each other.

"Mate, why are you guys behaving like a couple of 14 year old girls?"

"WTF, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Yeah, WTF who're y'calling 14 year old girls?!"

"OMG it's like I've poked a bees nest.. will ya two calm down?!"

"Hello, Eddy?"

"Yes. Who's this, may I ask?"

"It's Brett Yang."

OMG

"Oh, um, hi Brett, how are you?"

"Good thanks. It was good to meet you at the competition. And thanks again for all the stuff you did for me with your uniform."

"Likewise and you're welcome"

These two met at a martial arts competition. Brett was the chief judge as he was the highest ranked blackbelt of their martial arts school and Eddy also a senior instructor of the school.

"Look, Eddy, sorry to suddenly call you but I was wondering if you would like to join me as an instructor for a self-defence masterclass I'm running for the fire brigade."

"...That sounds InTeReStInG."

Eddy's voice hitched at the end out of nervousness.

"...Eddy, you ok?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Absolutely."

"So.. is that a yes?"

"Yes. Yes, it is a yes."

"Brett?"

Firefighter Brett was walking down the corridor and when he looked up he was startled to see Firefighter Eddy standing in front of him. So close to him.

"...What?"

"Will ya stop avoiding me like the plague and talk to me?"

"I... I gotta go."

"Go where ?"

"I gotta go... apply for.... this thing..."

'What thing..?"

"...this..."

Brett's eyes shifted from nervousness. He randomly pointed at a poster on the wall.

Self-defence masterclass.

The corners of Eddy's mouth turned up. He leaned into the bulletin board where the poster was displayed.

"Sounds good. Will you sign me up, too?"