61. Twoset Twins

A/N:  This is a prequel to "Twoset Sky-divers" (Chapters 33 & 35).

-------------------------------------------

Brett and Brad were a handful. Their parents wouldn't trade them for the world's fortune but raising twins was so much work. They were blessed with healthy and very active boys and one of them, Brett, in particular, was prone to getting overexcited and would plunge into or launch himself off anything and everything, much to the worry of his mother.

"Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, I think I could fly if I jumped from this height !!"

"Brett!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

"Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, last time I didn't get enough height !! This time for sure!!!"

"Brett!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Brad on the other hand was somewhat more docile and sensible, though everything is relative and with his active twin dragging him along everywhere he went, they were always dangling off some contraption or sticking their heads into or out of things that were not necessarily always safe.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

"Boys!! For the hundredth time, KEEP YOUR HEADS INSIDE THE CAR!!"

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

"Brett Yang, I am telling you to put that head of yours back into this car at once or you may lose it to an oncoming car and may no longer have one left on your shoulders!!!"

Brett and Brad were like two puppies constantly rolling around together. They grew up outside Brisbane on a medium-sized property, which meant that a small child could easily get lost in their own backyard. As children, the boys were always outside playing. They would play "hide and seek" or "explorations" or "secret base" – their outdoor playing continued well into their school years, playing the same games and with age, the way they played became more and more sophisticated.

At the early stages of their lives, they didn't feel the need for friends as they always had each other – they were best friends as much as they were brothers. As they grew up, they were socialised to make friends and had many, however, none of them was able to keep up with the high pace of the activities they enjoyed. After all, these boys had lots of practice together of the play they enjoyed. They were each other's best friends and best rivals as far as physical activities were concerned.

It was a rare occasion when the boys were indoors watching TV together. This only happened because there was a storm going on outside and half of their property was flooded, the soil was so soaked, a lot of the trees on their property were in danger to fall over and their mother forbade them to go outside to play, much to the disappointment to the boys. Brad was aimlessly channel-surfing the very limited number of free channels when Brett screamed.

"Brad !!! Go back!!!"

It was a video of a skydiver.

The two boys froze as they saw the diver facing the camera spread his arms wide as he leaned out the opening of the aircraft backwards, supporting himself from falling with just a couple of fingers from each hand. The next second, he had let go to let himself fall and Brett and Brad both gasped as they saw another camera panned to the diver falling backwards out of the aircraft.

Brett was in a daze with his pupils dilated with excitement.

"Brad... we gotta do that."

Brad was stunned.

"We do!??"

"Absolutely. Don't you wanna?"

"...Are we even old enough to ?"

Brett ran upstairs to the computer in the study to go Google to find out how old you have to be to learn to skydive in Australia.

He came downstairs shuffling down the stairs at a ridiculous speed.

"Damn."

"What?"

"You gotta be 12."

They were due to turn 11 in a few months.

The boys groaned.

"I can't believe we're gonna have to wait for more than a year !!!"

"YOU WANT TO DO WHAT !?"

"Skydiving mum. For our 11th birthday, please ???"

Their mother muttered under her breath.

"Oh my god, why can't you two just ask for a video game or something like normal kids..."

She didn't really mean what she said though, she was proud of her boys.

"Brett, Brad, are you boys even old enough to go skydiving?"

"Well actually mum, they only allow it from age 12!"

"Oh, well thank goodness for that...!"

"So... instead of actually jumping out of an aeroplane, you two want to do this simulation activity?"

"Yes."

"Brett, would you please stop climbing all over me when I'm trying to do stuff on the computer."

"Sorry, mum. I just wanted to show you which bit to click.."

"Okay, so this sky diving simulator thing is an indoor cylindrical thing with air blowing upwards and gives you the sense of sky diving...? Something you can try from a much younger age and you're with an instructor while you're in the simulator."

"Yeah mum, which is a shame because I'd so love to try to do my own thing.."

"Brett darling sweetheart, if the instructor says something and you don't listen to him, I swear I will never let you do any of these things ever again, okay?"

"Yes, mum, I promise."

So who would you boys like to invite?

"Huh?"

"Say what, mum?"

"Isn't this for your birthday party? Don't you two want to invite your friends ?"

Brett and Brad looked at each other. Brett poked Brad with his elbow and Brad stepped forward.

"Oh dear, here we go, what has that brother of yours made you tell me Brad?"

"Um... mum, we'd like to do the learn to skydive course in the simulator which is a bit more expensive... instead of the birthday party which only gives you one go on the simulator."

Their mother rolled her eyes.

"Of course you do..."

Then she smiled.

"Of course you do. So be it. Happy birthday boys."

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY thanks mum..!!"

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: If you enjoyed reading this chapter and would like to read a story about the Yang twins and Eddy, please read "Twoset Sky-divers" (Chapters 33 & 35) in this book <3