100. Twoset Singers V

A/N: 100th chapter !!!!

------------------------------------

Their food arrived.

"...Thank you... Wow, this looks great.  Great choices Brett.  Let's eat.  Here, hand me your bowl."

"Yeah, it looks fantastic. Thanks, Eddy"

Eddy scooped some rice into Brett's bowl then handed it back to him.

"Here you go, you go first with the dishes.  Go ahead, tuck in.  So, you're a science engineer consultant with a physics major....how iNtErEsTiNg"

Brett looked up from his bowl and furrowed his brows.

"You mean that?"

Eddy smiled as he scooped rice into his own bowl.

"Yes, of course I do. Brett, I found what you said about high and low pitch sounds fascinating."

Brett sighed with relief.

"Oh, that's good.  I thought I turned you off with my geekiness."

Eddy smirked.

"Brett.. I believe I may be a worthy rival when it comes to geekiness."

Brett looked confused.

"I don't understand, Eddy."

Eddy wriggled his eyebrows.

"I haven't told you what I do for a living yet."

Brett smirked and wriggled his eyebrows back.

"Eddy, I don't know what you're getting at but I'm a hard act to top when it comes to geekiness."

Eddy choked on his food and went into a coughing fit.

"Oh sh*t, are you alright, Eddy?"

Eddy was laughing so hard he was struggling to breathe.  Through gasps and laughter, Eddy swung his fist around and managed to declare war on Brett.

"Down.. with the ...acoustic ...specialist...!!"

Brett chuckled and pretended to scoff.

" Now this is a first.  Very well Eddy, bring it on."

"I'm also an engineering consultant with a physics major."

"No way! In what?"

"Complex liquid dynamics."

Brett jokingly recoiled in horror.

"OMG you fricking geek.... For the first time ever I declare defeat and surrender, you win."

"Hah, I'm not sure if I'm meant to be happy of my victory."

"Man, that does sound pretty geeky.  I love it."

"Yeah?  Unfortunately, unlike your specialty in acoustics, mine is completely useless for my singing career."

Brett laughed out loud.

"I think you're doing okay."

"Well, I don't know if it's because you're an acoustics specialist or what but that control you have over your voicebox was really impressive.  I was impressed when I first heard your recording but when I got to hear your baritone live in that karaoke room.. OMG.  It sent shivers down my spine."

Brett chuckled.

"Heard me live... sounds like I'm some kind of famous singer on tour."

Eddy grinned.

"Well, it's true what fans say about their favourite artists.. nothing beats a live show.  Not that I wasn't impressed with your recordings.. OMG the first time I heard them..."

"OMG Eddy you're embarrassing me.  Fine, Eddy, right back at you then.  You should've seen my face when I heard your very first recording.  Your falsetto.. initially I wasn't sure if you were male or female.. then at the end of the recording when you started talking in your normal voice...  BANG you dropped 2 octaves.. now that was trippy."

Eddy smiled.

"You were making iNtErEsTiNg faces when I was singing today."

Brett worryingly furrowed his brows.

"OMG Eddy I hope you don't think I was pulling faces in a bad way... people have said I can look rather judgemental when I see something.. fascinating."

Eddy raised an eyebrow.

"You were ...fascinated?"

"Through and through Eddy."

Eddy stared at Brett with his mouth gaped open.

Brett blushed and quickly started to eat again.

They went silent for while and pretended they were too busy enjoying the delicious food, which wasn't an entire lie, though they were enjoying each other's presence to a much larger degree.

Brett broke the silence.

"We sound good together."

Eddy replied enthusiastically.

"Brett I agree, I think we do sound pretty bloody good together."

"Eddy, I don't think I've sung with anyone with a voice this compatible with me."

"Hmm.. and it took 4 years till you met me.  I must be so lucky to have met you so soon."

Brett blushed.

"I mean it, Brett, ...I know I haven't been singing for long but I know it's actually pretty hard to find singing partners that you feel well matched with.  Even when you search on a global scale on that app!!  And it makes it harder when you like to harmonise and when I was able to do it with you the way we could alternate.. it was so.."

"Yeah it was so good."

"..and it wasn't just the way we could harmonise online... today when we sang live, how we instinctively knew when to swap parts so that one of us was singing melody and the other the harms..."

"OMG Eddy."

"Yes?"

"You sound like you're... we're..."

"We're what, Brett?"

Brett bit his lower lip.

"Sorry Eddy, nevermind, it's such a bad habit of mine, I keep saying stupid things that makes things awkward."

"I don't mind, you can say whatever you want Brett."

"...Eddy, would you consider ...making this... a regular ..thing?"

Eddy stopped all activities and focused on listening to Brett.  He even stopped breathing.  Even his heart stopped for a second or two.

"..Really Brett?"

"Absolutely.  I mean I know I can keep singing with you online but... this.. today, when I got to harmonise with you.. now that was something else.  I think our voices compliment each other pretty darn well and.. and if you felt in any way similar..."

"I'd really like that Brett."

"Really??"

Eddy smiled.

"Absolutely.  I was gonna agree with you.. within the context of singing, I do sound like I have already fell in love with your voice, which I completely have."

"We've"

"We've?"

Brett grinned.

"We've. Of each others' voices."

And maybe a little bit more

Or a whole lot more