149. Twoset Removalists

Brett put the truck into park and turned off the ignition. Eddy was about to jump out from the passenger seat when Brett reached out and grabbed his sleeve.

"Um, Eddy?"

Eddy looked at his pulled sleeve, then looked up at Brett.

"Yeah, Brett?"

"This job we're going to... I took the call and made the booking arrangements. I've arranged everything by myself, including going over to the customer's place and giving a quote."

Eddy smiled.

"Oh okay. Thanks for doing that. There's nothin' wrong with that is there?"

Brett bit his lower lip.

"Well, no I suppose not but look, um.., I just wanna tell you whose place it is and that you need to pretend that you don't know this person."

Eddy furrowed his brows.

"Huh? Okay... so who is it?"

After a moment of hesitation, Brett spoke.

"Eddy, it's Edwina and Brad's place."

"Oh..."

When Brett knocked on the door, it opened slowly and a tall blonde woman gingerly showed her face.

"Hi.. it's Twoset Removal."

The woman looked relieved. She opened the door fully.

"..Hi guys, Brett right?"

"Yes, we spoke on the phone. And this is Eddy."

"Hi Edw.. I mean, yeah, I'm Eddy."

"Hi Eddy, I'm Edwina. Nice to meet you. Please come on in."

I know you're Edwina, I've had a crush on you for years !

"Thank you for coming, guys. Brad's gone to see his brother, he's usually out for about 2 hours."

Brett quickly made some mental calculations as he looked around the small flat.

"Okay that should give us enough time to pack and load the truck. Have you packed your valuables, Edwina?"

"Yes. And I've put pink post-it notes on the furniture that comes with me. There isn't much.. cos I'm leaving most of it behind."

"Okay.. let's get started straight away..."

Eddy called out to Edwina who was sitting on the living room sofa.

"Um.. excuse me, Edwina?"

Edwina slowly looked up.

"Yes.. um.. sorry your name was..?"

All those years I've crushed on her and she doesn't even know my name..

"It's Eddy."

"Oh, that's right. I'm sorry, there's been so much going on lately, I'm struggling to remember anything new..."

"That's okay... um it's about your dining suite.. most of these chairs don't match but you just want these two that do..?"

"Yes, please. I'd like to just take those two matching ones. The table stays here"