156. Twoset Manga-ka VIII

"Eddy"

"Hey, Brett, how are you."

"I'm okay"

Eddy bit his lower lip.

"Brett, can we facetime please?"

"Again? We just did yesterday."

"I know. I.. I just want to see your face."

Eddy heard Brett's soft chuckle.

"Um.. yeah.. sure. I'll call you back in 5?"

"Okay."

"Brett"

"Eddy. Sorry, I'm a bit late. I had to shave."

"That's alright. Looking good dude."

Brett chuckled.

"You would not have said that if you saw me 10 minutes ago. I looked like sh*t."

"Well, I guess it's good that you've made yourself beautiful for me."

"Eeeeew Eddy cut that crap."

They both let out a giggle.

"Brett? Where are you? I don't recognise the background behind you."

"Oh.. I'm out of the studio and back at my place. I had to come back, I don't have a washing machine in my studio."

"Oh yeah... So are you going back once you've done your laundry?"

"Nah.. I've brought home my pen tablet kit and hooked it up at my place.. I'll just stay here till the restrictions are lifted. It cuts down the number of times I'd have to go out to do laundry and grocery shopping since I have a bigger fridge at home as well."

"I suppose that makes sense. I think you're doing the right thing. So how's the digital drawing set up?"

"It's okay.. I've managed to set it up very similarly to my studio. I just like all my stuff arranged the same way..."

Eddy smiled.

"Yeah, I think I can understand that"

"So.. Eddy, have you been drawing?"

"Just the digital stuff I'm doing with you Brett.. I haven't had the motivation to sketch unless I have a doodle session with you."

"So the last time would've been.. like 3 days ago? Oh no, that's not good. I... I should give you homework for you to do every day."

"Every day?"

"Yeah, y'know, we gotta keep PrAcTiCiNg !!!"

"Okay, okay..!! But you'll have to do it as well then!"

"Of course. How about we take turns setting a theme of what we're gonna draw?"

"You're on. So what's today's theme gonna be?"

"Hmm.. I can't think of anything."

"YOU? Cannot think of anything? Man this stay home isolation must be getting you real bad."

Eddy chuckled, expecting Brett to as well. Instead he heard nothing. He quickly shifted his gaze back to his phone.

"Brett?"

"Y, yeah?"

"Are you alright?"

"Um.. yeah, of course I am."