195. Twoset Traceurs III

Eddy started crying.

Brett held his best friend as he chuckled.

"Geez."

"...What's so f*cking funny?"

"I'm sorry Eddy, it's not funny. It's not funny at all. But it's sweet."

Eddy closed his eyes and wailed.

"What's so f*cking sweet?!"

Brett planted a kiss on Eddy's head then whispered;

"..That it upsets you more when I fall, not you."

--------------------------------------

Eddy pushed away from Brett to give him an exasperated stare;

"Of course it bloody does."

Brett smiled.

"Yeah.. I think I'd be like that to. I personally find the dream you just had to be hella lot worse than the one you had last night."

Eddy shook his head as he wrapped his arms around Brett.

Brett sighed.

"Eddy, you do realise we're traceurs, we parkour in parks and parking lots and stuff. If we so choose to, we could choose never to go near any cliff to fall from."

Eddy nodded in the crook of Brett's neck.

"Yeah Brett, I know. I know that. That's why I don't know why I've had these horrible dreams."

"Well.. Eddy, do you know what a falling dream means?"

Eddy pushed himself away from Brett again to look at his face.

"Um.. no.. I don't.. Do you?"

Brett bit his lower lip as he thoughtfully replied.

"A falling dream can indicate that you're holding on to a situation in life that is not serving your best interests. It's a reflection of the anxiety of losing control. Falling dreams are often associated with.. hidden insecurities, social anxieties or... unstable situations in life."

"How.. how do you know all this Brett?"

Brett shrugged.

"I used to have similar dreams."

Eddy widened his eyes in surprise.

"..You had dreams of ...falling, too?"

"Yeah."

"And you weren't upset by them?"

Brett shrugged.

"Well.. they did, but not as much as you.. cos it was just me falling."

Eddy scoffed.

"Just you falling?"

"...I think if I had the dreams you've had.. where you're the one falling..? F*ck, I'd be chundering my guts out into the loo, too Eddy"

Eddy gave a wry smile as he wiped his tears with the back of his hand.

"So.. what was the cause of your dreams, Brett..?"

"Well, it was around the time we talked about doing Twoset Traceurs together. You were more enthusiastic about the idea from the beginning. I was too scared to give up my 9 to 5 job and plunge into it with you. I think it was that anxiety that caused it. Ordinary parkour parks would turn into cliffs and chasms and I would fall.. plummet. They were pretty bloody scary."