160. La Mort meets Guardian

A/N: This is the 3rd part of a trilogy.  The first two parts are;
158. Twoset La Mort and 159. Twoset Guardian

-----------------------------------------

Up high in the heavenly clouds

"Ok, so what are we going to do with these two babies?"

"What was the problem again?"

"Okay, so this one is Eddy, he's an angel candidate but he's hella aggressive."

"Really? But he looks so chubby and cute... OW!!! OMG the little sh*t just bit me!!"

"I warned you. Then we have this one over here, Brett. He's a death candidate but he likes to play with white fluffy clouds and likes cuddles...

"Awww look at him, he's so adorab.."

"Hey careful with his..."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGH"

"...twelve wings.. they are very sharp when they protrude"

"...Look, can we maybe swap them around? I think Brett would make a better angel and Eddy a better death than their original assignments."

"I don't know.. we went through an era when we randomly assigned sexual identities and preferences thinking it wouldn't have any ill effects and look where we ended up with that. At least nowadays we're doing better.. so I'm reluctant to swap them in case they become very unhappy with their destiny."

"But honestly I can't see how these two are gonna be happy with their destined occupations!?"

The two staff members looked at each other, then shifted their gaze to the little boys that were put side by side. Both were bare except their nappies.

Brett, the timid grim reaper smiled at Eddy. He then stood up and reached his little hand out towards Eddy's head, intrigued by the little glowing halo that was floating over Eddy's head. The aggressive cherub gave his best death stare (for an angel) and pushed the baby grim reaper away. Brett landed on his bottom. Luckily his nappy provided sufficient cushioning but the shock of being pushed and falling backwards made him cry. His 12 little black wings sprung out from his back. They seemed to protrude whenever he was startled or upset.

It seemed, Eddy, the aggressive cherub was still an angel at heart as he crawled up to the crying angel of death and gave him a pat on his head. The little angel of death stopped crying and smiled. The 12 wings folded up and retracted into his back. The little grim reaper reached out both his arms to give the spirited angel a cuddle. The angel sat still awkwardly, uncertain of how to react to the affection from the little angel of death.

"Look at 'em. This is so wrong. We should swap them."

"But what if we're wrong?"

"What if we're right? How could they possibly function in their roles when their temperaments are so much more suited for each other's occupation?"

The two administrative staff looked up to the skies towards heaven, only to remember their current location and that there was no one else upstairs..!

One of them eventually shrugged and picked up the two cards in front of him.

"I'm just gonna submit these as they were. The Higher and Almighty must have assigned these two for a reason which appears too mysterious and confusing for us plebs.

"Okay.  Lemme do the honours"

The other held up the massive seal of approval and slammed it down twice, stamping "APPROVED" on each of the cards.