153. Twoset Manga-ka VII

Brett had gone a bit quiet shortly after completing his drawing and said he wanted to get back to work. He whispered his apology and said the next drawing session they have he would get Eddy to draw something. Eddy obliged stressing that there was no need for Brett to apologise and that he was totally okay with Brett's suggestion.

Eddy shook his head after ending the video call with Brett. Just before they hung up, Eddy had asked the artist to send him a photo of the completed drawing.

"Seriously? Eddy, it's not my best work.. I'm not too keen on sending this to you. But it will still be here in my sketchbook if you want to see it again when you get back to the studio, okay?"

It was very unusual of Brett to feel so negative about his work.

Eddy bit his lower lip as he flicked his phone to his photo album. He looked at the last photo in his photo album. It was a screenshot of the completed picture of the front-facing person with long flowing hair, lush eyelashes and full parted lips. Eddy then swiped to the right to view the second last photo he had taken. This was the image of Brett's drawing before he had drastically modified it. Eddy had secretly taken these screenshots, the first photo was taken immediately after Brett had added his signature spot next to the iris of the character he had drawn. It was slightly blurry on some parts since it was a screen capture during a video chat but the main feature of the drawing, the pair of eyes were captured very clearly. The strong stare from the picture was so intense. There was no doubt that these were Brett's own eyes.

When Eddy swiped to the left to see the picture of the finished drawing again, the change in the drawing made it look as if Brett had morphed into a woman, the second picture had more detail drawn in, such as a softer, more delicate and smooth jawline, lush eyelashes and full lips. The lush eyelashes actually made the eyes look even more like Brett's, though the soft jawline and the fuller lips made a good attempt to cover up the identity of the original model.

What did they say, the eyes are the windows to the soul?

That stare.

F*******ckkkkkkk

Then Eddy remembered something and he decided to ring Brett back.

"Hello, Brett?"

"Eddy..? Sorry I prefer not to talk for long cos I'm just in the middle of trying to draw something.."

"Yeah I'm sorry to interrupt you but I thought I should let you know..."

"...What is it? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, look it's about your sofas.. have you been sleeping on the one you usually nap on?"

"Um.. yeah?"

"Take the other one. The one that I usually use for naps. It's a sofa bed. You can pull it out."

"Holy f*ck you serious !?!?"

"I'm pretty certain it is."

"Hang on.... I'm just checking.... Oooooooooooooh my gawd, you're absolutely right !!! Geez thank you Eddy, thank you so much for letting me know!! I should have a good nights' sleep tonight.. I.. I think that's what's been affecting me, y'know?"

"Um, yeah, we're all kinda stir crazy and stressed out.. take care, yeah?"

"Yeah, thanks. You too. Bye."

That night, Brett had shoved the coffee table out of the way and managed to pull out the sofa bed. He grinned when he saw the double bed in front of him. Finally, after enduring sleeping like he'd been squished into a coffin for a week, he would be able to sleep sprawled out, outstretching his limbs...