198. Twoset Psychic V

"Hey, Happy Friday, mate!"

Shaun clinked his glass with his friend Jason's and took a swig of his beer. He let out a satisfied sigh as he grinned towards his friend;

"So Jason, how's your writing going? Last time you said you've been having a crack at writing stories? Are you living off royalties from your best-seller yet?"

Jason groaned as he pulled his wine glass away from his lips and put it down on the table. He was catching up with his friend Shaun at the pub for their usual Friday drinks after work. Jason replied in an exasperated tone;

"Ugh, Shaun, mate, dude, best-seller my ass.  I've been stuck in a slump of late and I haven't been able to write anything!! It's been so frustrating."

"Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that."

Jason shrugged.

"I guess I'll just have to keep at it and trod along, in hope that I can eventually produce something I'm at least remotely happy with.  It hasn't happened in a while, which is terribly disappointing."

"So.. what kind of piece are you working on now?"

"Well that's the thing Shaun, I'm just really short on ideas and I'm struggling to come up with anything... I just can't seem to catch my flow if you know what I mean."

Shaun furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Hmm.. I'm sorry Jason, I don't think I do. I write music, not stories."

Jason shrugged.

"Oh, y'know what it's like when you get an idea so great you get so excited about it and the whole thing practically just writes itself? I'm sure it happens to you in music composition as well. I haven't had one of those flows in ages and I've been hoping it's gonna happen soon... but I'm afraid from the way things are going now, if I hold my breath for it, I'm gonna end up dead."

Shaun grimaced.

"Yikes. Hmm, okay.. well that's a shame. So nothing interesting has happened at work you that could perhaps write about?"

"Work?!"

"Yeah.. you do work, don't you? Like you'd be spending a third of your day there.  Doesn't anything worth writing a story about ever happen while you're there?"

Jason groaned.

"Shaun, I've obviously haven't told you much about my work..."

Jason worked as an office junior for a security company.

"Oh geez... Shaun, seriously, I couldn't think of a job consisting of more boredom, disengagement and desolation if I tried....!!"

"Man, dude, that sucks."

Jason then raised an eyebrow.

"Except...Y'know what, there's this new guy who just started with us whose a psychic, he might make a good story..."

"Oh no sh*t. Like seriously?"

"No bull, legit. I saw it with my own eyes. Never seen anything quite like it."

Brett sneezed.

"Bless you."

Brett sniffled.

"Thanks Eddy.. I think someone's talking about me."

Eddy's eyes widened.

"You can tell someone's been talking about you because you sneezed?!"

Brett furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Say what Eddy? Noooo, I just got a feeling that someone was."

"Oh. So the sneeze had nothing to do with it?"

Brett chuckled.

"No. Not everything I do is because of my extra-sensory perception."

Eddy shrugged.

"Fair enough. I suppose I'm being paranoid somewhat. I see you do something and I wonder if you're doing it because you're channelling or something."

Brett smirked.

"I do something..? Something.. like what?"

"Oh you know, anything, really. You scratch your head, are you channelling a spirit? You give a little smirk, are you channelling a spirit?? You open and close your fists, are you channelling a s..."

Brett let out a chuckle and spoke in a jokingly exasperated tone;

"Oh for goodness sakes Eddy, I scratched my head probably because I ran out of shampoo and used yours which is like a bloody paint stripper and made my hair and scalp go all dry and I ended up with an itch! I must have given out a smirk because I was.. I dunno, thinking about what we got up to the night before or something.."

Eddy blushed.

"...and I probably just opened and closed my fists to warm up my fingers before I practised the violin, which you probably do as well!?!?"

Eddy gave out a chuckle.

"Okay, okay, I get it...! So not everything is about your extra-sensory perception."

"No, it isn't."

"So.. are you able to elaborate on who might have been talking about you and what about?"

"Unfortunately not. It's times like this you wish you didn't have ESP at all. Getting an idea that something is happening without knowing what it actually is can be terribly frustrating...!!"