199. Twoset Searchers VI

Still barely into a relationship, Eddy momentarily hesitated before he shyly called out to his ...friend.

"Um.. Brett?"

His ...friend, was perched on the other end of Eddy's sofa with his knees tucked in like the little gorgeous package he was. The two were colleagues, their favourite colleagues to each other and they've recently been out for dinner together to celebrate Eddy's birthday. They have now only just started inviting each other over to their places, this evening Brett had come over to Eddy's flat and they were chilling on the sofa after they had shared an Uber delivered meal together. Brett smiled as he turned towards Eddy.

"Yes, Eddy?"

To Eddy, Brett appeared too adorable and he had to pause to catch his breath before continuing.

"..I'm actually concerned about Warren."

Brett scrunched up his face and stuck out his tongue as if he had accidentally swallowed a fly.

"..I beg your pardon?"

Suppressing his chuckles Eddy repeated himself.

"I.. I'm ..concerned about Warren."

Brett stared at Eddy as if he had just grown a third arm.

"OMG Eddy is this some kind of a sick joke or have you actually fallen ill!?"

Brett crawled across the sofa, then reached his hand out to place it on Eddy's forehead.

Eddy grinned. Brett realised what he'd done, blushed and tried to pull his hand back but Eddy was quicker and grabbed Brett's hand and gently pulled the older towards him. They were now sitting very close to each other.

"I'm actually serious Brett. The guy has issues. Serious issues. He needs help."

Brett pouted.

"Y'know what Eddy, what that guy needs a heart, a personality and an exorcist."

Eddy let out a laugh. His eyes softened as he gazed at Brett.

"You are so f*ckin' funny. Makes you so adorable."

Brett looked confused as he blushed.

Eddy then let out a smirk as he wriggled his eyebrows.

"On the other hand, Brett, if I was to describe what's going on with Warren and if I was gonna be as crude as the guy himself, I'd say the guy desperately needs a shag."

Brett blushed.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you said that Eddy!!"

Eddy shook his head;

"Jokes aside, he's a homophobic misogynist so I don't know what the guy wants."

"Ha. That's funny, too."

Brett's bemused tone was much dryer than that of Eddy's but Eddy knew Brett long enough to know that he had bestowed his highest possible praise and grinned.

Brett then appeared lost in thought. He mumbled as he tilted his head.

"...Y'know what Eddy? Maybe the guy wants... a devil as a mentor? Except he wouldn't even be able to make a binding contract with it because he has no soul."

Eddy burst out laughing.

"OMFG Brett!!"

Only after Eddy had caught his breath again, he was able to continue;

"Look Brett, I normally don't even bother to think about whether someone prefers men or women. Like I fully appreciate it's none of my bloody business. But in the case of Warren, I honestly can't figure it out. He seems to dislike all humans. If he doesn't, he has a pretty funny way to show his love towards mankind."

Brett gazed at Eddy.

"All I can say is that you're pretty generous Eddy.. I agree with what you say but I don't think I would go as far as being concerned about him."

"Well I can't blame you, he was pretty horrible to you."

"I'm really moved by your generosity, Eddy."

Eddy shrugged.

"Thanks. But then, when I actually do something about this, he'll probably just hack off my head and tell me to go mind my own f*cking business."

Brett furrowed his brows.

"...So what exactly were you planning to do to get your head hacked off?"

Eddy shrugged.

"I dunno.. maybe just talk to him?"

Brett looked confused again.

"Eddy... Are you like a sucker for punishment?"

Eddy chuckled.

"Actually I'm not all sweet Brett. I do have an ulterior motive."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I thought he'd leave us alone and won't be as revolting if he was happy. Or at least not as unhappy as he is now."

"Hmm."

Eddy bit his lower lip;

"So.. um, Brett.. would you be okay if I actually do go try to talk to the guy? You wouldn't mind me doing that?"

Brett smiled.

"No, I wouldn't. I mean, I'd personally rather go waddle through a sewer than go talk to the guy but.. if you're worried about how I may feel about you talking to him.. I'm okay with that.. I mean.. I respect your choices."

Eddy sighed.

"Thanks Brett, you are one incredible.. dude."

...To be continued