84. Twoset Manga-ka IV

A/N: This story was inspired by tonight's supermoon 20210427

---------------------------------------------

"Eddy! Wake up!!"

Eddy did not handle sleep interruptions very well. He opened his eyes and slowly awoke, confused and grumpy. He groaned as he lifted his head and tried to get his bearings. Eddy noticed it was already getting dark.

"...Brett??"

Eddy sat up on the couch in Brett's studio. Brett was a manga artist and illustrator and Eddy was his assistant. Eddy remembered they had finished another deadline and were having a nap to catch up on much needed sleep.

"Man.. what time is it? I'm still exhausted..."

"Eddy, Eddy, you gotta see this."

Eddy could hear Brett's voice but couldn't see him. Eddy fumbled for his glasses that were left on the side table and put them on. As the world around him shifted back into focus he realised Brett was outside on the veranda.

"Eddy!!"

Eddy answered in between yawns.

"I'm ...coming Brett.."

Eddy stepped out onto the veranda stood next to Brett who was leaning on the railing. He was looking up into the night sky.

"Look how huge and bright it looks tonight ... it's a supermoon."

"Wow... it's certainly beautiful tonight."

"Oh my god Eddy."

"What?"

Eddy turned to Brett. Even though it was night time, it was clearly visible that Brett was blushing, thanks to the bright moonlight.

"Brett? Why are you blushing...?"

"...Eddy, if you want to become a manga artist, you need to learn what that means."

"What ? The moon is beautiful tonight?"

"Oh my god I can't handle this. I must be hypersensitive because I'm sleep deprived or somethin'."

Brett stepped back indoors.

"What the f*ck??"

Eddy stepped back inside as well. Brett was sitting on the couch pretending to look at his phone. Eddy suspected he was only pretending as he noticed Brett's eyes dart to him then back to his little screen. Eddy sat in front of Brett's computer and changed the computer's language selection to Japanese. He went to Google and started typing as he spoke.

"konya wa tsuki ga kirei desu ne.."

Brett wailed from the couch.

"Oh my f*cking god Eddy, now you're saying it in Japanese !?"

"But Brett, that's what you mean right?  It must have a double meaning ??"

今夜は月が綺麗ですね meaning in English

Eddy pressed enter. The next instant, Eddy gasped.

I love you.

"Oh my god!!!!! I had no idea. Geez, how the f*ck can this mean that in Japanese!?"

"It's from a famous Japanese author. It's terribly romantic when used at the right time."

"Yeah, I can imagine..... Oh my god did I just like say it to you like three times!!?!?!?"

"Yah."

It was Eddy's turn to blush.

"F*ck!!!"

Brett burst out laughing.

"Now that's a great wet blanket, Eddy.  I'll have to try to come up with a better ending than that."