Us and Kylo

My POV:

Mom finally pulls away from our hug after like 2 minutes. I back a step up to the bar and sit on the stool.

"Sorry to just drop by. We were on our way back home, then the traffic just kept building. So we took a detour", I said as I poured myself a glass of lemonade.

She walked back to the stove and kept cooking. "Y/N you are my child and will always be welcomed here. I never mind when you drop by. Oh and before I forget your dad isn't coming home tonight. He's taking his Harley to the convention tomorrow morning really early so he just slept there", she said as I sipped my drink.

"That's fine"

"Where is Anna? I saw you and her holding hands outside so where is she?", she asked as she kept cooking.

"Didn't know that you saw us...", I mumbled

"But she's with Koda", I say for her to hear.

At the same time, Koda and Anna walk in and Koda sits next to me and Anna walks past me. Koda takes my lemonade and drinks it.

"Really? Pour your own asshole", I say taking it back and refilling it.

I look ahead and see Anna and my mom hugging. Mom and her are quietly talking.

They've always been close. I mean yeah we've been best friends since we were kids but she considers my family as hers. And I do the same.

All I hope is that we can stay as best friends and not make it awkward. Because we will be talking about what happened soon. We can't just ignore it....as much as I want to.

I was lost in my train of thought when mom said, "Dinner's ready. Y/N go get your brother. I see that he's awake in his crib.". She showed me the baby monitor. "Ok, be right back", I say scooting my stool back.

I walk towards his room when I hear mom say, "Koda bring this to the table and Anna can you put the baby monitor to charge"

I open his door and see my little 6 month old baby brother, Kylo, fussing. I softly pick him up and sway him.

"Hey bubba. I'm home. I missed you Kylo. I did", I swayed him till he relaxed and laid his head on my chest. I kissed his forehead and said, "come on bug let's go see Mom and Koda and Anna. Wouldn't that be fun?"I take him to the changing table and change him and put his clothes back on. I carry him in my arms back towards the kitchen.

I hear their faint voices as o turn into the kitchen seeing them circled around something. They see me and Anna quickly hides it and Koda brings the food to the table. Mom comes up to me and grabs Kylo.

"Hey baby", she says as she walks him to his little bassinet.