maddie

My POV:

I race out of the parking garage and head towards the coast. Nothing good ever happens when you go that way. Stop. Turn around. She didn't mean anything by choosing him over you. I drive and drive at a speed that I know would kill me, but it gave me the biggest rush. A thrill. A reason to chase. The air blowing against me as I speed 30 miles over the speed limit. No cops are on the street luckily because I know that I'd be arrested.

I see an person's house. This person who has caused me a lot of pain. Lately, she's been there for me. She listens to me when I talk and she doesn't put others over me. Although we've dated, Maddie hasn't tried anything romantic with me. She knows that I love Anna. Maybe I should stop.

I pull into her driveway and see her car under the porch. Good. I walk up to her door.

"Hey Y/N, what are you here for?", she asks as we sit at her bar. Side by side. "I just needed to take a ride, and my Harley took me gear", I laugh while scratching my hair. "Anna problems?", she giggles. "No just needed a break", I lie. "That's a lie, and you know that I can read through every lie you throw at me. Either way, come one let's take the bikes for a ride.", she stands up and walk to the key bowl. She grabs a pair of familiar Honda keys. I stand up and put my jacket back on. She grabs her helmet and we walk outside.

I start up my Harley and I hear her Honda start from under the garage. She starts up next to me and I put down my window visor and she does hers.

We race out into her long driveway and brush into traffic. We stay together, zooming through the big cars.

We've been riding for a few hours and it's now 10 PM and we've been drinking. We sit at the bar and she takes another hard drink from the Vodka. She winced and swallows. She turns to me and she says, "I'm very serious. Anna doesn't deserve your kindness". I break eye contact and take the drink and have some, "no I think you're mistaken. Anna deserves more than I could ever give her. Micheal can give her the world's best opportunities". She grabs my head and turns me towards her, "no I'm serious Y/N, you don't deserve to be a second choice. You deserve to be chosen without a second doubt. YOU deserve love and affection. Love and more love....", she ends with a mumble as she is staring at my eyes. She flickers from my eyes to my lips. I'm stuck in a trance, I can't move. I need to move.

She leans in. I stay where I am. Say something and move. She kisses me, lightly and I don't kiss her back. She pulls away, "I'm sorry. Oh my God I'm sorry". She stands up and runs out. "Maddie wait. Maddie I'm fine" , I say chasing after her but I'm too late. She's gone.

I walk back in and sit on the bar. I take the vodka and start drinking. I need to forget today. Just forget and it'll be done.

A few hours pass and it's like 2 AM when I hear the front door open....