work

My POV:
I woke up to my alarm ringing. Shit. I rolled over and turned it off and I see Anna still snuggled up to me. She sleeps so peacefully. I watch her for a moment before I realize I have to get up for my last day of my internship.

I took an internship at the end of the semester last year. You see I'm in college to become either a veterinarian or an illustrator. Trust me I know they are two very different fields. So I have time to choose, only because it is my second year in college. But I have been having trouble choosing between the two. I'm only 18 and how am I supposed to know for sure. Either way I took two internships, one was a illustrator internship. I learned alongside a comic book artist and a child's book illustrator. I really really enjoyed the internship. Art is a HUGE passion of mine. My other internship was shadowing a veterinarian. This internship was amazingly and today is my last day. I am leaning more towards illustrator or artist of some form.

I roll out of my dark grey sheets with only a pair of black polo boxers and a big black t-shirt. She's still asleep so I quietly walk into my bathrooms and brush my teeth. I walk back out and check the time. I have about 20 minutes before I need to leave. I take off my shirt and put it on my bed. Im completely backed from the waist up, so I put my back to her. And put my Nike sports bra on. I turn around to put on my black scrubs. I grab my stethoscope and phone. I put on my watch and walk over to her and kneel down on the side of the bed.

"Listen I'm leaving for my last day on internship. I'll be back in like 3 hours so you should still be asleep. I know that you don't have work or school today so when I get back we will go to lunch. How does that sound?" I say rubbing her hand. I know she's asleep but it felt nice to talk to her. I kiss her hand then walk out my door quietly shutting it. I walk to the fridge and grab a Red Bull and a green apple. I write a quick note and put it on the counter. I take my keys and wallet and shut the door.

Anna's POV:

I wake up in a unfamiliar room. Oh....never mind. I hear the sink running in her bathroom. I lay back down and pretend to be asleep when I hear her open the door. She walks over to her closet and takes off her big black t-shirt and throws it next to me. She's faced away and I see her bare back. My god her muscles. She puts on her scrubs and sits next to me to lace up her shoes. After a while, she comes up to me and takes my hand when she says, "Listen I'm leaving for my last day on internship. I'll be back in like 3 hours so you should still be asleep. I know that you don't have work or school today so when I get back we will go to lunch. How does that sound?". All I can think is how good she is to me. I don't answer because she still thinks I'm asleep. She kisses my hand then leaves quietly.

She's amazing.

I get up and walk to the kitchen to get a Red Bull. I see a note on the counter:
         I'm goin to my last day. You probably won't see this cuz I'll be back before your awake. But I'll be bold because you won't see this.....I wish you the best day.
                                            —-Your bub

She's cute.