my fault.....

Anna's POV:

(Earlier)
I saw Micheal text me as I lay on Y/N's bed. No no no I don't want to be with you. He texted that 'we should go to lunch to talk about last night'. Which means he's going to apologize for acting like an ass in the restaurant. I can't deal with him. Y/N needs to hurry up.

(Present)
Fuck. Why is he here? I unwrap my hand form Y/N's hand. I see her look at me, but I can't look at her or I'll break down. Letting go hurt her. I could easily see that every step forward we take romantically, I shove us back 2. I break her heart. I can see that. I don't deserve her. He walks up to me and kisses me. I see her turn away. I'm so sorry.

We talked for a bit and now I have to go with him for lunch. All I want is to be with her. I know that if I tell him 'no' that something bad will happen. He has a temper.
-
I stand in front of her, alone, as she is taking her fingers through her hair. Something she does before an anxiety attack. I keep my hand on her arm as she shrivels away from me. I did this.
-
She starts to walk away to her bike. No no no she cannot go ride right now. Not when she's angry because she is. I can tell that very easily.
-
She rides off as I watch her angry figure disappear. I drop my head and walk up to Micheal's new car.

"Why were you holding her hand when I walked up?", he said. Shit he saw. "I don't know....uh.....I mean we were just walking....and it happened", I say nervously. "Don't do that. You know that she likes you? Right?", he says grabbing my hand tightly. Ow he's hurting me. "No she doesn't" I say, unconvincingly. "Your MINE and not hers. Don't forget", he says seething. "I-I- I know", he lets go. He breathes in deep.

"We are going to Mantis", he readjusts his shirt and starts to reverse.

Mantis is a race arena and really just a elegant version of a bar. The food is good but you don't go there for the food. You go for the drinks, the nearly naked waitresses, and watch the race horses under the Booth.

"Lady is racing today and I have a surprise for you", he says. Lady is his race horse. We are about twenty minutes away from the arena. I see Y/N on the Harley parked at her Ex's house. No Y/N don't go back to her. You deserve love not the toxic things that she continues to do to you. I stare out the window as we pass the house. She walks inside.

I stare forward and wait till we arrive at the arena.

We arrive at the arena after a while. I jus want to be at lunch with Y/N and celebrate her last day. How did I let this happen? Again.