"uncomfortable"

Anna's POV:
She.... pushed me against the counter and her face, somehow, got closer until I felt her breath on my lips. She didn't make a move........she just sat there for a few seconds.

Please just kiss me

She brushed pass my face and went up to my ear. She whispered, "come on you silly little goose. Our ice cream is melting". She back away and turned to get the pints. I let out a breath while trying to contain myself.

God....she could've had me right there. What am I saying? I have Micheal. I rather her. Fuck.

My POV:

I can't believe I just did that. I should have went for it.....would she let me kiss her? Why didn't she back up? What? Why? How is she comfortable with letting me do that? Does she like me? No....she has Micheal. Shit. I'm fucked

I turn around and see her gone.

Great I made her uncomfortable. That's just amazing. Who are you? Huh.....no better than Micheal.

I set the spoons and pints of ice cream down and listen for her. I walk to her room and see that her door is closed again.

Fuck

I knock and ask, "boon are you ok? Look.....I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. Trust me that's the last thing that I would want to do to you. So.....I'm sorry and I'll go to my room and leave you ice cream in the freezer. Goodnight. And I'm sorry....again" I quickly walk to put the ice cream back in the freezer and walk to my room. Once I close the door, I sit in my bed. I hear her door close and I hear her footsteps at my door. I readjust myself, but I hear her walk past my room and open the freezer.

She's just getting ice cream

I lay in my bed with the comforter over my head. I lay in the dark and wrestling with my thoughts as I see that it starts the thunder and lightning.

She's scared of the weather. I wish I could help her, but of course I fucked that up.

A few minutes pass by and the rain continues pouring harder. I hear my door slowly squeak open. I don't even get up. I lay there as I feel her get under my sheets. I pretend I'm asleep so it's not uncomfortable for her. She needs me to calm her with the weather. She wraps her body around mine as I feel her nestle her head into my chest. She puts her cheek to my chest.
She whispers, "you didn't make me uncomfortable. You never have and that one of the most amazing things I love about you. You just made me realize something that I know will hurt someone close to me and a lot of others. But I need you here. I need you to help me feel safe because you are the only person who has constantly made me feel safe. 18 years. 18 years and I'm only just realizing what I should have a while ago. So no.....I won't accept you apology because I need to apologize. Yeah, goodnight" she rolls over so she is little spoon and snuggles close to me. "Oh and I know you're awake dummy", she giggles. I puller closer to me. We both let out a deep breath. "Goodnight boon" I mumbled.

No ones POV:

They both fall asleep as they hear the sweet cadence of the rain outside. It's a wholesome moment that they can finally find complete comfort after a rough night.

They fall asleep peacefully, but their near future will be anything but peaceful.