nothing more

Anna's POV:

She opens the door and stares at me. Awkward. The tension tho..... she grabs her Jordan 11s and puts them on. No shit we are matching. Wonder if she notices. She breaks the silence, "C'mon let's go dummy. I already made us late for lunch. Oh and we're riding the Harley. The weather is beautiful".  I stand up and walk towards her. I grab my leather jacket that was hanging up. She got it for me when we ride the Harley. She walks up to me after getting putting on her chains and she grabs her leather jacket. Matching again.

"You look amazing", she says as she grabs her keys. I smile and return the favor. "You do too". She opens the door and I walk out in front of her and say 'thanks'. We walk up to the elevator to our parking garage.

I throw away my Red Bull in the trash can and she pushes the button. I ask her, "where are we gonna eat?" And she says, "thats up to you Boon". I think for a bit, I'm indecisive so..., "I don't know. You choose". She giggles, "as always very indecisive. I knew you weren't going to choose so how about the Italian restaurant that's like 5 blocks away?". She knows I love that restaurant. Thoughtful. "Sounds perfect", I say as I get on my tippy toes and kiss her cheek. She blushes. I really make her feel that way.

My POV:

Gosh she's amazing.

We walk out the elevator and our hands are brushing against one another. I don't make eye contact and I wrap my hand with hers. Still not looking at her, but waiting for her reaction.

We are about 50 feet from my Harley and I see....Micheal. Fuck. I look over at her and she untangles our hands and puts it in her pocket. Oh....ok. That hurt. She doesn't look at me. He walks up to us.

"Hey baby, did you get my text?", he says as he kisses her. I look away. He hasn't even acknowledged my presence. "Uh no it must not have sent", she says nervously. Why was she nervous? "I'm taking you to lunch. I was going to go with Kyle, but he flaked on me". Is she going with him? "Oh ok...umm can you wait in the car for me?", she said backing towards me. "Why?", he questions in a rude way. She doesn't have to explain herself to you. Stupid dipshit. "I need to tell Y/N to grab something for me", she says as she pushes him off. "Yeah whatever", he rolls his eyes and unclenches his fist.

He walks back to the BMW that he got last week. I watch him walk away and o don't even look at her. Until, I felt her hand on my arm. "Can we...umm....redo lunch like tomorrow or something?", she asks without any care in her eyes. How? How can she just pretend I'm nothing? It's fine...I'm second choice. If I'm even a choice. I push my hand through my undercut, my anxiety coping mechanism. I'm angry now. "Yeah it's fine. We don't need to go eat. Go be with him. Since he makes you happy", I angrily push out. I turn and walk to my Harley. I need a ride. "Wait Y/N what's wrong?", she races up to me. Really? What's wrong? How stupid was I? To think she actually may start to have feelings for me. Know your place Y/N. You are nothing but a friend. Nothing more and nothing less. "Nothing. I'm just going for a ride" I put my helmet on and start my bike. I look at her standing next to my bike. "Go with Micheal. I'm fine", I say before closing my window on my helmet. I rev up my bike and take off. I speed through the parking garage trying to get away as fast as possible. Nothing more than a friend.