Chapter 36

New Zealand Empire's POV:

I dragged New down to one of the solitary cells. We only had two, and both were empty. We, not empty, reserved is a better word to use, but in a situation like this, we really needed New far away from the problem.

"So, what is that?" New asked with a stupid grin on his face as he pointed to a sign.

"You really are an idiot, aren't you?" I rolled my eyes.

"I guess, but it has been so long, I can't read anymore," He complained.

"It says Solitary, it means you aren't leaving," I grumbled.

New mumbled in disappointment. I looked down at him; he looked like a toddler who really needed a nap.

"Oh, shut up you stupid puddle, you are lucky I even kept you alive," I snapped.

"You only kept me alive because you wanted something from me," New smirked.

"Initially, yes. But we know they are in the vents," I sighed.

"Who's in the vents?" He asked stupidly. I kicked him behind the knees and watched him fall weakly to the ground.

"Just get in the cell before I take your other arm off," I threatened.

"Where did you go wrong, New Zealand?" He asked. I kicked him again.

"For the last f#cking time, I am not New Zealand! That idiot has probably choked on air and died by now!" I shouted.

"Ha, you wish- argh!" He shouted in pain as I kicked him in the stomach.

"Get in the cell," I demanded.

I watched as New stood up slowly and walked over to the open cell with a horrid limp. Small shards fell out from up his shirt and the spot I kicked him in dyed the clothes red.

"When will you learn?" I asked, looking down upon him.

New slumped himself over near one wall and held his stomach in pain. It was obvious he was winded.

Suddenly, a slight whistle was to be heard approaching the cells. It seemed to be in a merry tune. I waited until I could see what it was.

It was that little green, red and white boy I got from UK. He didn't notice me at first. He seemed to listen to music through a headset, calmly cleaning the floors as he went.

"Wales, what are you doing down here?!" I demanded. But he didn't respond. I pulled the headset off of his head and looked him directly in the eye. He looked frightened now.

"What. Are. You. Doing?!" I asked again, this time slowing it down.

"Uh, cleaning," He shrugged.

"This area isn't permitted to enter by anyone except me," I grumbled. He looked past me and pointed at New.

"He is in here. Is he permitted?" He asked.

"Listen here you little sh!t, leave right now and you can keep your job. You talk about this to anyone, I'll ensure you are never seen again," I threatened. He nodded wildly and headed to the exit swiftly.

Nepal's POV:

Dear god, this is not going well. I had been following Australia around to see what he was doing, but I could sense distress from Korea's cell. I headed over there, knowing that Australia would do the same thing he does every day. Plot revenge. I knew his plan like the back of my hand.

As I entered the cell of Korea, I saw them muttering and grumbling on the ground in pain.

"Neppy... I hurt," He moaned as he looked up at me. I noticed Timor and Indonesia in the cell with him.

"Korea, they can't see me," I explained.

"Neppy, I hurt. I hurt," He continued to moan.

"Who is Neppy?" Timor asked.

"I hurt," He cried.

"Okay, okay. I'm here, it will all be okay. Look at me, I'm here," I smiled reassuringly as I floated in front of him.

"It does hurt," I sighed.

"But I thought they were dead," Indonesia said to Timor.

"Pain... stop," Korea muffled.

"Uncle Neppy is here, you are okay." I reassured some more.

"Who are they?" They asked, weakly pointing to Timor and Indonesia.

"They are friends. They won't hurt you," I smiled, looking into their disturbed eyes.

"No hurty drug?" He asked.

"No, they don't have the no hurty drug," I sighed.

"Uh, are you okay?" Timor asked as he approached Korea, walking directly through me. I could see him shudder a little, but he didn't seem to care.

"I hurt," Korea muttered, talking to Timor.

"It looks like you would," Timor commented quietly.

"You friend?" Korea asked.

"Yes, I'm a friend, what are you called?" Timor said.

"Ko-re-a," Korea said brokenly.

"Korea, how did you get here?" Indonesia asked.

"Nuke, big nuke," He answered.

"I will try to get you some no hurty drugs, I will be back," I said to Korea.

"Neppy, stay," He pleaded.

"No, I go, I come later," I explained.

I then left the cell and headed straight from the medical office. As usual, Laos was sitting there in the chair.

"Hey Laos," I greeted.

"Nepal, I swear to god, if you don't leave me alone I will report you," Laos said back.

"Good to see you too," I grinned. Laos let out a disappointed sigh before speaking.

"You want me to give more pain killers to Korea again," She grumbled.

"Yep," I nodded. She let out another sigh and stood up from her chair. She walked over to the medicine cabinet and pulled out a small bottle of pills.

"Why do I still do favours for you?" She asked, glaring at me.

"Because I'm your favourite ghost," I answered.

"You are the only ghost. Speaking of which, what is my number now?" Laos asked.

I looked above her head at the floating number. I was the only one that could see it. It's the countdown.

"Fifty-seven," I said.

"Is that in hours, minutes, days or years, because the smaller the better," She mumbled as she walked out of the office towards Korea's cell.

"You know it's in days," I said.

"Good enough," She sighed.