Chapter 39

Canada's POV:

I sat in my office, not really doing much. I had a good feeling about today. After a while of just sitting, I decided to check on England, to see if he was behaving. As I was walking down my hallway, getting lost at every turn. I came to a hallway with a large window.

I looked out of the window to try and work out where I was. I had a good view of the garden and I could see Ukraine wandering around. He had been dragging around an axe. I rolled my eyes and found a way into the garden. I followed behind him quietly. He seemed to be muttering to himself.

I was right behind him when I bent down and picked the axe off the ground. Ukraine turned around, wide-eyed and went very pale.

I yanked the axe out of his hand and he fell to his knees. He started crying.

"What were you doing with my axe?" I asked.

"Nothing," He whimpered.

I kicked him in the chest and he fell backwards, landing on his back and not getting up.

"I don't think that's the truth," I said. He seemed winded

"I don't like it when other people lie to my face. You dirty f#cking liar," I whispered to him. I threw the axe to the side and sat on him. I could hear his whimpering. I let out a small laugh.

"Now, you know the punishment for lying," I said as I got closer to his face.

"I-I-I," Ukraine stuttered in fear. I stroked his face and gave him a small kiss on the lips.

"Save it for the bedroom," I said seductively.

I stood up and picked up the axe. Ukraine seemed really shaky as he tried to stand up.

"I will be up there in an hour. Get ready," I smiled as I walked away.

I was looking for a little bit more excitement, I'm glad I ran into him. I knew he wouldn't defy me, even if he hated me.

I looked around the garden to see if I could find the closest entrance that would lead to the mental health unit.

Eventually, I found it and walked inside. I opened the door to the dark room. I could hear Russia singing a little song to himself.

"Russia, where is England? he is supposed to be here," I asked.

"Not sure. I think he's on break," Russia answered.

"How are the patients?" I asked, walking over to the beds.

Peaceful little Switzerland laid down in his bed, just rotting away, mumbling like a drug addict.

My mother on the other hand. She was looking at me with frightened eyes, tears dampening her pillow.

"Let me out of here! I can't take it!" France shouted.

"That kind of attitude needs a little more medication." I smiled. I picked up a syringe that seemed full and stabbed it brutally into her shoulder. I held it there, watching her screams of pain.

"Remember the days when I was a little boy. I was a little too hyperactive for you to deal with. So what did you do? You gave me medication and then you gave me more! It wasn't until I became an Empire that I realised how effective it was," I smiled, pushing the liquid into her body.

Northern Ireland's POV:

What the f#ck is taking him so long? I bet he has gotten in trouble. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was dead.

Even though the silence was nice, but I still needed to make sure he wasn't dead. It was easy to leave as no one had gone by the room in ages and the door was unlocked.

I left the room and walked around. I never realised how empty this place was. No one seemed to be here. There was no sound aside from my footsteps. I got a creepy feeling as I walked, but I wasn't surprised anymore.

With this weird ghost that lives in this building and Australia's weird behaviors made me very uneasy.

I walked around for a while until I came across a room. It was covered in warning tape and had a warning label that read 'Radioactive'.

I don't know why I wanted to go inside, but I really wanted to. Out of interest, I turned the handle, it turned all the way. It was unlocked. Suddenly the room became cold. I looked around to see if the air conditioning had turned on. But there was nothing to prove it.

I turned back around to see that the warning tape had been moved around. It was now shaped into an arrow, pointing further down the hall. Feeling a little weirded out, I followed the arrow until I came across another door. It had a sign on it reading 'Radiation protection suits'.

I opened the door and saw some bright yellow suits, gloves and helmets. I grabbed one of the suits and looked at it a little more closely. They seemed alright. I looked around in case anyone was watching, but still, no one was there.

So I put the suit on. It was quite comfortable. And then the gloves and then the helmet. Before I knew it, I was standing in front of the radioactive door.

"What the hell am I doing?" I said to myself as I reached for the door handle again. I opened the door and came across a second door. The door I just opened slammed closed and I immediately started regretting everything. I tried to open it, but it was now locked.

I looked at the second door and held my breath as I reached for the handle. I began to open the door when I noticed a gas leaking into the room I was in. I hoped that my suit would work. I opened the door the rest of the way and the room filled with this grey foggy gas.

The suit seemed to be working so I stepped deeper into the gas. It was hard to see anything. The gas was so thick. I followed the wall around the room until I felt something at my feet. I knelt down to see what it was.

I picked it up, but it seemed to be attached to something. Whatever it was, it seemed to pull apart from whatever it was attached to. It seemed to be some kind of mound of flesh covered in painful boils and bubbles. The more I touched it, the more fell apart like slime, melting through my fingers.