Chapter 46

Jordan's POV:

I have been on edge a lot recently. The feeling that my cover has been blown over takes every part of my mind. Especially that Palestine, I bet she knows but is only trying to prove her point by getting concrete evidence on me. Or she really does want to start a family with me. But either way, I wouldn't make a very good dad. It would be better if I am just cautious.

This whole Sabotage Service is really getting to me. I remember the first meeting, long before the Empires first existed. Everything was as peaceful as you could get it. There was a new generation coming in and the old superpowers were losing their touch. It was a better time.

But a select few of us were sent invites to a secret meeting. There were about twenty of us. All randomly selected. We all had next to nothing to do with each other. New Zealand let us know about an upcoming war and that if we helped him, we would be on the winning side. There were next to no rules and it was really only Nepal and Kazakhstan who did anything at first. Everything happened exactly as New Zealand predicted it. The amount of control he had over the whole war was unnatural. But he was winning, which meant the rest of the Sabotage Service was winning.

"Jordan, please report to my office as soon as possible," America's voice can be heard over the loudspeaker. Was I saying all that out loud? Doubts started to flood my mind.

I calmed myself down and looked towards the nearest security camera and saluted. I began walking promptly towards America's office. I wish I wasn't so anxious all the time. I could get a lot more done that way.

I slowly opened the door to America's office and stepped inside. I had a bad feeling about this.

"You wanted to see me," I said as clearly as I could.

"Yes, I need a favour from you," America said. I could feel it coming. He knew. I know it.

"I have moved Gray to the spare bedroom, but I forgot to give her sheets, I need you to stop by the laundry and give her some clean sheets,"

"What?! But Gray, she is-" I was quickly cut off.

"Look, I thought I had killed him too, but no. I trust Gray and she tells me he is still alive."

"You can't be serious!?"

"Do not yell at me. I am your leader. What I say is final and what I say is that Antarctica is alive,"

"We were going to keep that on the down low. You can't be saying that out-loud. What if a spy were to hear you?" I explained.

"Fine, I guess you are right. But I need you to just do what I have asked." He sighed. I nodded my head in agreement and left to fulfill my task. It still didn't make sense to me to provide Gray, the woman with the literal detached arm, with comfort. I guess I'm not to complain and he knows what he is doing. I'm sure.

New Zealand Empire's POV:

"Day 9 of living in the New Zealand Empire. It turns out that once a week we have to submit a voice recording of our week. My last week was orientation around the entire facility. It feels strange, especially because I had only become conscious not too long ago. I still don't know how long I have been out for. Everyone seems so vague, but it's very community based, which I love. NZE has asked me to run this afternoon's 'Creative Cultures Class' which sounds weird, but it's really cool."

"Today is a sad day. Our dear friend, Wales, has passed away. It is a shame and to remember him, everyone will stand for a moment of silence and take the rest of the day off." I announced. I watched as everyone stood to their feet and hung their heads in silence. I did the same. I was starting to like him too.

"Is there anything anyone would like to say about Wales before we disband?" I asked after a minute of silence.

Madagascar walked up to the front. She was crying, but she looked compelled to speak.

"He passed so suddenly. His cause of death is still unknown but if it is foul play, we shall exterminate whoever did this to him! He did not deserve a life cut short!" She shouted.

"It doesn't make sense. He told us he would be back to finish the class, but he's gone." Another said from the crowd.

"We will still display the unfinished artworks in his hallway. And to remember him more, we will place a flower, each, in his hallway," I explained. It was good timing too, spring had come into full bloom.

Wet and miserable faces were all that could be seen in the room. It was foul play that got him. I know it.

He had great potential and could have even overtaken Samoa. But to be honest, I knew who he was to... me. But still, I guess he could have been a threat if he was still alive.

"Mr NZE, when are you going to disclose the cause of death?" Samoa asked as he stood next to me. He was the one who found the body. He saw the murder take place.

"We won't, it's better if they don't know what really happened." I explained.

"What did you want me to do with the body? I can burn it if you would like," He offered.

"Yes. But do it quickly before anyone thinks we killed him. Like last time," I muttered.

Madagascar walked up to me. She looked incredibly upset.

"I know what you did, I saw you kill him," She whispered to me.

"Look, you're in shock at this sudden accident, but I can't have you speaking like that," I explained. I turned to Samoa who quickly knew what to do.

"You can't do this, I know it was you! I already told the others!" She shouted loudly.

"Take her away," I said to Samoa. He nodded and quickly obeyed.

"What a tragic afternoon..."