Chapter 3

Canada's POV:

Today was not going well. I know it was France who switched the poison with the sleeping pills. She just had to make my job far more gory. Unless... No, that, that'll be cruel, but it'd give him the chance to see what we have become. Maybe. I picked up a spare set of chains and walked off to find UK's room.

It took me a while to find it again, but I eventually came across it. I had checked on him earlier this morning, hoping to find him dead and divided. He was only asleep. Hopefully, he was awake now; I don't want to drag him.

I opened the door to see him sitting up and looking out the window which provided the only source of light in the compact room where he lived. He looked up at me and smiled weakly.

"Today," He sighed. I nodded and got him to stand up for me.

"Put your arms out," I ordered. He did as I asked, and I pulled out the chains and locked them onto his wrists. Not tightly, though. Although he seemed briefly shocked at first, but he understood and relaxed.

I led him by the chains out of the room. It would've been his first time in years that he had left the room. No, he did not pee in a bucket; the room came with a toilet in the chamber's corner. He lived in an unfinished bathroom.

I took him up and down the hallways, trying to find the meeting room where this'd all take place. I found it, finally. I could sense Dad's uncertainty in my navigation skills, which only increased how stressed I was. I could hide it well enough.

In the meeting room, I had chained Dad to a small table in the chamber's corner, away from the main table. I had noticed that they had set it as I asked, which gave me a sense of relief. This day could go well after all.

"May I see my wife now?" Dad asked.

"Soon," I responded. I had forgotten that I had made that promise. While he was still alive, I may as well keep my word. I walked around the table setting to make sure it was correct. At the head of the table was my seat and to my right, America would sit and opposite him would be Australia's seat. And for many reasons, including not wanting blood to be shed on the beautiful carpet the room had, New Zealand would sit next to America.

A spare seat would be placed next to each seating arrangement, aside from mine, for whoever the others decided to have accompanied them. I stopped at New Zealand's arrangement. He never came to meetings, he always sent someone on his behalf instead.

I noticed Italy walking down the hallway. He looked suspicious, so I called for him. He immediately ran into the room.

"Yes Mr Canada, what can I do for you?" He asked with a shake in his voice.

"I assume they have prepared lunch, the others should arrive soon," I explained.

"Lunch is all done and ready for serving when they arrive," Italy confirmed.

I heard a knock at the door.

Australia's POV:

I waited at the door of what was Canada's 'kingdom'. He really went overboard with this Empire thing. I could easily bet anyone that he gets lost in that building frequently. I waited at the door next to China, who I had brought along.

China was not the only one I brought along, though. I had Singapore waiting in the car with the other side of my special deal.

The door opened, and Denmark greeted us. I had to fight the urge to greet Den back with more than a handshake. One of my best childhood friends and he looked miserable. He led us inside to a sizable meeting room. Den pulled my chair out for me and I sat down while China took the seat next to me. I couldn't see Canada, but he had better have kept his promise.

"Australia? Is that you?" A weak voice muttered from the corner of the room. I turned around to meet my old man chained to a table. Oh, how the tables have turned. I was not expecting him to still be alive, though. I could see the slight cracks that lined his neck, creeping up onto his face. He wouldn't last long.

"Yes," I said, replying to UK's question, not bothering to look at him.

"It has been so long, and you have changed so much," He commented. Usually, I wouldn't 'entertain' myself with small talk, but China wasn't very fun and there was no one else to talk to.

"It has, and within a few years, I have created a powerful empire for myself," I explained proudly.

"I heard you only took over Asia," UK grinned tiredly, I was glad that the man still had the wit to smile.

"I had Oceania in the palm of my hand too!" I shouted angrily at his remark.

"The keyword is 'had'," He quipped, I shot UK an irritable look. He seemed to back off a little.

"Oh, you are already here," I heard Canada say from behind me. I turned around. He looked well composed for someone who was losing his most valuable assets to his brothers.

"Yes, am I the first?" I replied.

"Is he here?" Canada asked.

"Is that all you care about? Not that your only ally is here," I smirked.

"A mutual agreement to take down New Zealand does not make us allies," He scoffed. I chuckled a little.

Our mutual agreement. We signed on it and everything. The only thing stopping him from becoming an ally was the fact that I had taken some of his territory. I had held his territory captive for a year now. Relationships are not healthy between us brothers. We all hate each other. But Canada and I mutually hated New Zealand. Or... what was left of him.

"Um... New Zealand Empire has arrived, Mr Canada, your presence might be required, he has brought no one with him," Den reported, walking into the room a little more frantically.

Canada nodded and walked out of the room with Denmark.

"That went well," UK chuckled.

"You realise the division will be painful, right?" I sneered at him.

"But what is with a little humour to cheer me up," He smiled. I knew that he was a bit delusional, I wasn't surprised though, living with Canada would change anyone for the worst. A part of me didn't want him to go, but it needed to be done.