Chapter 27

Angola's POV:

We sat there in a circle discussing our options. I had been in a bit of a rush to get here, so I hoped I had shut the vent. Either way, if I left it open someone would just close it. It's not like they would be suspicious and crawl through it.

"I passed the Intel and Comms rooms on the way here, and they caught someone falling out of the vents. It could be one of us," Egypt said.

"Did you see what they looked like?" Tuvalu asked.

"No, the screen was too far away,"

"Maybe we should check up on the others to find out who it was," I put forward. The others agreed.

Dominion sat quietly, not offering any advice. He just stared at the opening I entered through, as if expecting someone else. He had been losing it. There was only so long someone could stay in the RCDU.

"Dominion, what is your opinion on the matter?" Egypt asked. Dominion kept staring.

"Hello Wales, we have been expecting you," He mumbled. We all turned our heads to see Wales poking his head out of the vent. We just looked at him dumbfounded.

"Uhh, I can go," Wales muttered.

"No, come here," Dominion demanded. I noticed the uncomfortableness emanating from Wales as he wriggled out and wandered over to us. I patted the space next to me to let him know he can sit down. He did and looked around.

"What is going on?" He whispered to me.

"I don't know how to explain." I responded. I wonder how he found us.

"It is good to see you after all these years, Wales," Dominion spoke.

"It's good to see you too," Wales said unsurely.

"I know you don't know who I am, but you will in due time. Now, I formally invite you to join us in the rebellion," Dominion offered.

"Rebellion? I don't know. I don't even know who you are," Wales mumbled unsurely. Although Egypt and I still had our flags, Tuvalu and Dominion did not.

"I'm Tuvalu if that helps," Tuvalu smiled. Wales nodded and smiled back.

"But what happened to you? Why are you guys rebelling?" He asked.

"You seriously ask that? This empire is the most sadistic and corrupt empire anyone could be a part of," Egypt explained.

"You told me you work as the new janitor, that means you clean out the RCDU, surely you have seen the gore," I added.

"There was so much blood," Wales muttered.

"Exactly. That blood belongs to our fellow rebels who have gotten caught. Not only that, but our leader is trapped there," Dominion said.

"So, will you join us?" I asked.

"I don't know. I can't decide right now." Wales sighed. He seemed a little shaken and nervous.

"To be honest, you really don't even have a choice. If you don't join us, we will have to keep you here in the vents just in case you blurt this out to the others," Egypt said.

"Oh, well then I guess I'm joining," Wales laughed nervously.

Russia's POV:

"I'm back, sorry it took a while. The meeting went on a bit longer than normal," I apologized as I walked back into the mental health care unit. Swissy seemed agitated. I hadn't given him his dosage on time.

"Please get me out of here," France mumbled. Her face had turned pale, and she already looked sickly unwell.

"Sorry, but I'm not allowed to. I won't give you a dosage today if that makes you feel better," I offered. She mumbled something and then started sobbing.

There was much that I could do about her. I walked over to the tray where the bottles of drugs sat. I picked up an empty syringe and started topping it up with the necessary drugs. I had so much experience with drugs, I could be a pharmacist.

Flicked the syringe to get the drugs to mix and then squirted the excess out into another container.

I slowly walked over to Switzerland with the syringe and grabbed his arm to stop him from moving. He never fought back any more, he would just move around with excitement. I slowly stuck the needle into his arm until I was sure I had hit a vein, I then carefully pressed down on the end of the syringe until it was completely empty. I pulled the syringe out of his arm and walked over to the bin to throw out the syringe.

As the syringe landed in the bin, the door slammed open. I was half expect England to return, but it wasn't him.

"Russia! We have a huge problem!" It was Belarus.

She walked over to me, looking incredibly serious. In the dim room, I noticed the familiar green glow of a small stain on her apron.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"It's Ukraine, he is radioactive again, and very severe at that," Bela explained.

"Again? Do you know how it happened?" I asked.

"I don't know what happened, he just started vomiting it up,"

"Should we tell-" I started but was interrupted quickly.

"No, not yet. This could be bad, but we shouldn't tell Mr Canada yet," Bela explained.

I knew it would be a bad idea to let him know, but then again we couldn't do much to help our brother. Bela and Ukraine have nuclear immunity, me, not so much. I can be exposed to radiation for slightly longer than the normal country, but I am not immune and it will kill me if I am exposed to it for longer than an hour, I will surely die.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked.

"I thought you would know. I mean, you have all these medicines, surely you could make it stop," Bela said.

"Unless painkillers and sleeping pills can stop radiation, I can't help," I sighed.

"We can't just leave him like that!"

"Maybe we should give him a day, he might be better tomorrow." I had no idea how to help.

"Surely a small painkiller could help relieve his pain at least," Bela begged. I guess that would be a good place to start. I looked over at the tray and found a box of painkillers. I handed her the box and sent her on her way.

The chaos that goes on in this empire is never slowing down.