Chapter 9

North Ireland's POV:

I had no clue what happened. Everything since I woke up in that stupid room, chained up and covered in blood, has been confusing. Now here I am, in the backseat of a car, with my twin brother sitting next to my nephew who could be evil.

The ride was quiet and uncomfortable. I tried to look out the window, but they seemed to black out, the only light coming from a small foggy glass panel in the car's ceiling.

"It's good to have you two, when we reach the base, I will give you a personal tour," Australia finally said.

"So, what is it like being a big Empire now, Mr Australian Empire," Ireland asked. He sounded proud of Australia.

"No need to be formal, you can just call me Australia," He responded.

"So, North, you are being quiet," Australia stated.

"Oh, I am not sure what I am supposed to say," I responded awkwardly. Ireland was always better at talking than I was.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. His question made me think.

"Confused, I think. Everything is going so quickly and I have little time to understand," I said uncertainly.

"I can answer questions you may have," He offered. I thought about questions that were bugging me.

"What happened to the world?" I asked eventually. This question seemed to make Australia ponder a little before answering.

"New Zealand happened. He started all the damage you will see. He attacked me and then started taking over Oceania, one island at a time. I acted defensively and fought for Oceania, but they had already turned against me and I had to rely on allies in Asia. This sparked interest in Canada and America who began claiming territory, left right and centre. The way the world is is all New Zealand's fault," Australia explained.

There seemed to be a lot of missing information, and some parts made no sense. Last time I checked, Australia had a larger military than New Zealand. It made little sense.

"Why did you guys change your flags?" Ireland added.

"You seriously didn't expect me to keep that old flag, did you? Besides being an Empire, calls for change, and the natives wanted a say in the flag, so it was only fair. I believe New Zealand had the same idea. As for America and Canada, they didn't seem to change much, but they didn't want to be left out,"

"Makes sense," Ireland commented.

"Why did you take Ukraine?" I asked. I still remembered the terrified look on Ukraine's face as they held him at gunpoint.

"I needed to use some kind of lever to make sure I could specifically claim you two," Australia answered.

"Specifically?" I was still uncertain what his plan was.

"We have arrived," I heard China announce. I forget he was here.

"Wonderful," Australia said, opening the car door and stepping out. Ireland followed him and I got out after Ireland. Being in that dark car for so long made the outside world seem so much brighter. When my eyes adjusted to the lighting, I could see the extensive building we stood in front of. It did not look like a functioning empire, let alone a base. I looked around, I had no clue where we were.

I had a bad feeling about this.

America's POV:

Well, that was interesting, I guess. The sooner I got back, sooner I could change out of this awful uniform. Scotland and Mexico were talking the entire ride back, I wasn't entirely sure what they were saying, because I don't speak taco and I can hardly understand Scotland's accent.

Scotland was loud. Not the guy I wanted for my mission, but I guess anything can happen with a little bit of training. I wanted England; I knew he was good at spying. The others kept telling me that James Bond was only a movie. Well, they won, I didn't bring home England.

It took forever to get back, but when we finally made it, I had a headache from the loud constant talking of Mexico and Scotland. I got out of the car first and told Mexico to take care of Scotland while I got into more comfortable clothes.

I made my base up of several buildings, one being my personal area, the others being bunkhouses and train areas. Although, that was only the buildings above ground. I had created an impressive underground system, linking every building to a large bunker, just in case.

But I wasn't going to the bunker; I went to my building. In my bedroom, I started getting undressed. I grabbed my best suit pants and dress shirt and my favorite tie. I wasn't feeling up to wearing a suit jacket. The weather was sunny anyway.

I sat down at my desk and spun around on the office chair a few times. I may be immature, but I have won more wars than the others. Also spinning on office chairs is fun.

Once I had had my fun, I looked down at my original plan, annoyingly, I would have to change it. I would have to train Scotland to make an excellent spy, even though it would set me back two weeks. I still had my eye on Egypt, and I couldn't do it without an excellent spy. I have sent all the others and they have all failed, so this was my last hope.

I heard a knock at the door. I stood up and placed the plan into my desk draw. Mexico and Scotland were waiting for me.

"I thought you would show me around," Scotland said proudly. I had to admit, this guy could have what it takes. He had the right attitude.

"Mexico, you can have the rest of the day off once you get those bandages checked," I said. Mexico seemed happy with that, nodded and raced off. I had to make sure those bandages didn't have any spying devices.

"Now, Scotland, let me give you the tour," I said turning to him. He saluted me like I was a general. You know what, I will accept that. He has the potential to be a great spy.

Here are the new flag designs for Australia and New Zealand