Chapter 13 (New)

Scotland's POV:

Whelp, this was not what I expected, but okay. I'm dressed in a suit and tie. I don't mind the suit, but the tie is almost strangling me to wear. I sat in the meeting room, listening to America babble on about a new mission. Something about attacking Egypt or something. Threats, nukes, guns. That kind of stuff. It bore me.

When I was told I was going to be a spy, I was expecting action and adventure! Not meetings and rules. I was sitting next to Mexico as he had been declared my personal escort. Mexico was fun to talk to, and he showed me around the entire base, including the underground system, which was cool. Mexico looked just about as bored as me. He seemed to text someone under the table.

"Now. Questions?" America asked. There was silence for a while until Chile spoke up.

"You know this is a bad idea right? I mean, this is the same plan we have been trying to complete ever since the start of this whole empire thing. It has never worked, might I remind you of the millions dead. We aren't strong enough to go up against the New Zealand Empire's territories. It's dangerous," Chile reasoned. Everyone else seemed to agree.

"Maybe so, but because of our past base raids, we have been able to gather valuable information regarding a large population of rebels in the NZE who are being repressed. If we get them on our side, we can overpower and conquer," America explained, seeming proud of his alternative plan.

"Why is your only plan to conquer? It seems a little unoriginal. Shouldn't we be putting our money into stabilising our borders? Especially in the middle east. We are currently vulnerable and easy to invade," Jordan pointed out.

"That isn't important right now. None of the other Empires have declared war." America dismissed it.

Everyone was putting forward their complaints, but America seemed to ignore everything. I'm not saying he is a poor leader, but he could be a prominent leader if he took the concerns seriously. When he adjourned the meeting, everyone seemed unhappy and started arguing with each other.

We went into a cafeteria type place where everyone continued to bicker. I sat down next to Chile, who was talking to Argentina. Mexico seemed a little cold and bothered, so he left the room, leaving me to socialise on my own.

"Hello, I'm Scotland," I introduced myself. I might have been a little loud, and I'm used to people being intimidated by me. But surprisingly, they were quite friendly.

"Hi Scotland," Chile smiled back.

"I'm all new to this whole Empire thing. You said something about not being strong enough for The New Zealand Empire. What's that about? He is a small island, how is he stronger?" I asked, trying to get questions answered.

"That is a hard question to answer. But he was the first Empire out of the four brothers and was merciless. No one knows why, or how he got all that power, but he has always been the strongest empire," Argentina responded.

"Oh... I thought America would be stronger?"

"He would be, but he is paranoid about spies intruding his Empire, so he wastes all his effort on training more spies to protect himself," Chile shrugged.

England's POV:

Not only was I not qualified as a medic, but I surely wasn't ready for this. With no other orders or instructions on dealing with this, it stumped me on my next move. I just sat there watching Ukraine, panicking.

He got off of the bed, well more fell off. He kept muttering to himself that he shouldn't be here. He wandered over to the door and tried to open it. I didn't realise that they locked the door. I was stuck in here. They barred the windows too.

"Ukraine, calm down and tell me what's wrong," I commanded. He stopped knocking on the door and walked over to me. He looked serious.

He grabbed my face in between his hands and looked me dead in the eyes as if he was looking for something in them.

"Um, Ukraine?" I mumbled as he squished my cheeks around. He seemed to snap out of a trance and let go of my face.

"I... uh... something is wrong with me." He muttered as he held his hand to his head.

"Could you elaborate?" I asked.

"Um... I-I know this place is dangerous, but we can't leave now. I can't remember exactly, but something happened to... who was it?!" He paced the floor as he tried to recollect something.

"Germany! Something happened to Germany!! I need to find him. He knew how to escape. I remember now! He had a plan to escape! If I find him again, I can escape," Ukraine concluded but continued to pace around.

Now, I wasn't sure what was going on. Everything was happening so fast and nothing really made any sense. Ukraine stopped pacing and stared at the wall for a moment and then back at me. He pointed at me and waved his hand a little, as if he had something on the tip of his tongue.

"You're UK, right?" He asked.

"No? I am England." I corrected it.

"Oh. I remember that UK is in danger, we need to find him too,".

I felt a sense of dread wash over me. He was more oblivious than me. I had a horrid flashback to being locked in that bloodied room. I wondered briefly why Ukraine didn't know any of this, but they had held him hostage by Australia for a while.

"It's too late to save UK," I sighed. Ukraine turned to me and looked me in the eyes.

"No, it's not," He said.

"You don't understand, UK is dead, he has been divided," I explained.

"I shouldn't tell you this. But I believe Australia is focusing on creating a machine that combines formally together countries. If we get our hands on that machine, and find the others, UK would be whole again," He whispered to me.

"Be whole again?"