Chapter 55

Samoa's POV:

"Sh!t! Sh!t! Sh!t!" I whispered under my breath as I tried evade capture. There was no way I could get away with this twice, I just kind of hoped it would work again. I tried crawlling into the vent system. I had seen the rebels use it to get around unsuspecting. I was never trusted to work with them, but I still did my best to cover up for them.

Once I had wedged myself into the vent, I let out a sigh and tried to catch my breath. I quickly climbed up the vent and just kept going. I kept crawling until I made it to a widening of the vent. It eventually opened into this second room.

"Hello Sammy, it's been along time," Came a familiar voice. I squinted my eyes to try and see through the dim light.

"Dad?" I muttered as I tried to make out the flag. He didn't have a flag. But his voice couldn't been mistaken.

"Here in the flesh," He mumbled tiredly.

I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say. It had always felt like NZE was missing a component to him.

"H-how?" Is all I managed spit out.

"Heh, I'm a prisoner..." He chuckled.

"No... I mean, if you are here, then who is NZE?" I asked.

"NZE? Is that what he calls himself?"

"Dad, answer me," I pleaded quietly. I needed to know this. I felt like a child again. My eye started to well up as I tried keep myself together.

"It's complicated. He is technically still me, but with different motives," He tried to explain.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Uh, well you see... Do you remember when you were younger and I was kind of struggling with getting food on the table? I had gotten into a couple arguments with UN and then during the heat of an argument, she told me that I should just start my own empire if I didn't like how things worked. So... I did," Dad spoke slowly.

"That doesn't explain anything!" I shouted, probably a little too loudly.

"Hold on, I'm not done. So I started making plans and organizing possible ways to get a foothold into becoming an empire. Almost 4 decades later, the perfect opportunity arose, but It would including betraying Australia. I didn't want to do that, but I wanted my empire. My population and Government argued and eventually I literally split in too. And, 'NZE' was the one who triggered the whole Sabotage War. I didn't like it and decided to gather a group of Countries who had been annexed  to create the New Rebellion. I led them and they just called me 'New'. Eventually they found out that I am still technically tethered to NZE and some of my intentions were misguided, so they made me their prisoner and the title of 'New' was passed down to Antarctica," He finished explaining.

I stood there, just starring at him, trying to comprehend what I had been told.

"Dad. What the f#ck?" Was all I whispered.

"Yeah, pretty crazy right?" He said jokingly.

England's POV:

Russia took his 'bathroom break', leaving me in the dingy room. To be honest, if I could, I would also hide in the bathroom for an hour drinking stolen alcohol and crying. But instead, I'm stuck by myself, aside from Switzerland and France, but they aren't the best of company.

Only ten minutes passed before I heard a knock. I thought it might have been Russia, but he would never leave his 'bathroom time' this early. Nervously, I walked towards the door and opened it.

When I saw Canada's face staring back at me, I felt all colour drain from my face.

"How can I help you?" I asked nervously.

"Russia, where is he?" He asked simply.

"He's gone to the bathroom to relieve himself," I answered, trying not to create issues. Usually I would just lie straight to his face, but jeez, becoming an empire makes him a whole lot more terrifying.

"I found this," Canada sighed, holding out what looked to be a broken needle.

"Where did you find it? Did someone step on it?" I asked now concerned at the possibility someone got hurt.

"Belarus had it. Do you know why?" Again, his phrasing was simple and yet terrifying to listen too.

"I don't know." I muttered.

"Belarus is not permitted to have needles on her person. This is the only facility that has needles. Belarus passed through here. Did you or Russia give her anything?" He continued to question in harsher tones.

"Um, well, I know I didn't. I was tending to France' needs." I explained. I suddenly felt nervous for Russia, knowing that he was the next suspect.

"I mean, she could have just taken it herself. You know, while we weren't watching." I continued, hoping to at least shift the blame off of Russia.

"That is a possibility. But either way, I need you assistance since Belarus is... idle, for now." Canada explained. My heart sank at what that could possibly mean.

"How can I help?" I asked, not wanting to get on his bad side.

"Ukraine's missing. I need you to find him. If you do not find him by tomorrow, I will simply have to put a bullet through your brain. Understand." Canada ordered. He spoke calmly and all I could do was gulp in fear.

"I understand," I responded.

"Good. You better get started." Canada said before turning around and promptly leaving.

A sigh of relief escaped my mouth as soon as he left. I barely gathered my thoughts enough to process what happened let alone breathe. But as my breath became shaky, it all settled in.

"Oh no." I whispered to myself. This Empire was huge. There was no way I was going to find him by tomorrow. I started panicking.

"He could be anywhere! He could be dead! And what happened to Bela? Is she dead? I'm gonna die!" I panicked as I paced around the room.

"I better get started if I have any chance to get out this alive. Or, I could make a run for it." My brain started running through every possible way to die.

"I won't make it."

"Emay ooh way e ii," A mumbling came from the corner of the room.