Chapter 24

Canada's POV:

"That was a great meeting, don't you think?" I smiled at Ukraine as he continued to stand next to me in fear as everyone left the room. I dismissed Denmark and took the gun off of him. Obviously, it took a little more 'convincing' to get Uki to act normal. I was now alone with him again. Good.

"That was great," Uki muttered as tears rolled down his face.

"Have you learnt the lesson for today?" I asked, facing him and wiping away his tears for him. He nodded slightly.

"Aw, don't be sad. All you need to do is to be happy and you will live comfortably. Now, are you happy?" I asked as I gazed into his eyes. His eyes were trained on the ground.

"I'm happy," He mumbled.

"Look me in the eye and show me," I commanded. His eyes slowly made their way up to meet mine, and I watched as he plastered the perfect smile on his miserable face.

"Perfect," I smiled. I watched as more tears rolled heavily down his face, but he kept eye contact and his smile.

I opened my arms, and he fell into them as I embraced him for a hug. I tightly embraced him and stroked his back in a comforting motion.

"Everything will be okay," I whispered.

"Everything will be okay," He whimpered back to me.

"Good, I'll take you back to your room," I said as I walked ahead of him. When I didn't hear him following me, I stopped and turned my head to see that he had collapsed to the ground and couldn't stop crying. He was acting like France, only he kept his pained smile.

I stood over him and just watched. I heard the doors from the far end of the meeting room open and I loaded the gun in case whoever it was started questioning anything. It was England. He kind of just stood there and looked at the scene before him.

"I can come back later if that works for you," England said uncomfortably as he tried to back out of the room only to hit the wall.

"No, what have you come here to tell me," I asked.

"Um. Well, I don't mean to be rude, but the ethics in this empire seem to be nonexistent," England said, seeming more and more nervous with every word that came out of his mouth.

"So, you are complaining?" I asked, knowing darn well that he was.

"I guess so. It just seems to be a little excessive to pump drugs into those who are mentally ill." He explained.

"Uh, huh? Well, I will take your complaint into consideration, but for now, you should get back to your job," I grinned as I pointed him towards the door. He nodded and made his way to the exit.

"You are the one who is mentally ill," Ukraine muttered. I turned around. He was standing now and had dried his tears. No smile, though.

"Challenging me again, are we?" I grinned darkly.

America's POV:

What the hell was Gray doing with an arm. More importantly, where did she get it from. Still feeling a little shocked and confused, I sat outside the locked door. This was no longer a room, this was a cell, and Gray was not to be trusted.

I probably should have taken the arm, but it was so disgustingly horrifying, it would take a lot of courage to grab it. I tried to remember what it looked like. It was a dull blue-gray color, but mostly gray. It had large cracks and had been stuck together with glue and duct tape.

Just thinking about it disgusted me. I let out a small sigh and tried to focus on the task at hand. The mission to invade the NZE' main base didn't go as planned, but we did get something out of it. Gray and her disembodied arm.

I felt a knock on Gray's door and I felt a quick flash of panic.

"Hey, Mr US. I didn't mean to scare you. I promise there is a normal reason for this," Gray called through the door.

"You had an arm in your bag! How is that normal?!" I shouted back in response.

"You just have to trust me," She said softly. All of this felt like a trap.

She was probably trying to get me to unlock the door so she could kill me or something worse. She was probably going to kill me, but I foiled her plan when I found the arm. If I hadn't found the arm, I could be dead. The arm probably belonged to her last victim. She was no ally. She isn't an ally to anyone. She was a rogue, trying to take down my Empire single-handedly. Well, it's not going to work! I won't give her the chance to explain herself.

So I walked off. I would come back when she would be asleep and take the arm. I'll put it in for DNA testing, but for now, I needed to warn the rest of the Empire.

I called a meeting and waited in the meeting room. I watched as everyone began to filter into the room and take their seats. Constant murmuring surrounded the room as everyone discussed the possible reasoning for the meeting. I waited a couple of minutes until everyone had settled down a little.

"We have a major issue at hand," I announced loudly. A small murmur rose and then died.

"For those who do not know, the raid on the NZE main base was not entirely successful, however, we have captured an enemy and a very dangerous one at that. Her name is Gray, and she is not to be reasoned with. I have found that she had an arm in her possession." I stated.

"I guess you could say, she was 'armed'," I heard someone snicker. A couple of people laughed and then went quiet as soon as I shot an annoyed glance in their direction.

"This is not a joking matter!" I shouted as I slammed my fist down upon the table. The room went dead silent.

"Do you not think you are being a little paranoid? Has she done anything to threaten you or the Empire in any way?" Mexico added.

"I'm not being paranoid! This is a real threat!" I shouted.