Chapter 37

Jordan's POV:

He's on to me. I know it. I knew I should have rejected this job. But I can't back out now. I just have to keep moving on with my tasks. But I don't like working with Mexico. He was very bossy and never approved of my tasks.

It was my job to sabotage certain devices to see the result and level of suspicion that goes around afterwards. It's complicated, but at least I don't have to write the reports. That's Mex's job. He is always stressed and never tries to relax.

But, enough about that d!ck, more about me.

I hate this Empire. I hate the other Empires. I don't care if I work for the NZE, I still hate it. I don't want to be ruled over. But, it comes to a point of life and death, you must learn to deal with it.

"What are you doing?"

"Huh?! Oh, Palestine." I muttered as I turned around to see her standing there.

"You are muttering to yourself like you're the main character in a book," She commented.

"Uh, well, you never know," I sighed.

"You are weird, anyway, is it true that the arm's DNA belongs to-" Palestine started.

"Sorry, that information is classified," I said as I walked across the room to seem busy.

"Well then, can I see the arm?" She asked.

"No," I said simply.

"What is the point in knowing someone who works in the labs if I can't see disembodied limbs," She complained.

"It's not as fun as it sounds." I said, picking up a clipboard that had the details of the arm so she wouldn't get a peak.

"What do you have there?" She asked.

"Nothing that's important," I snapped.

"When are you on break again?"

"About now, why?" I sighed.

"I'm bored, want to hang out at the cafeteria?" She asked.

"I guess so, but I'm not telling you anything to do with the arm," I said, narrowing my eyes.

"Come on," She smiled, walking out of my office. I followed after her and we sat down in the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was very quiet around this time. The only people who came were those who didn't go out drinking or those who had a little extra work. Palestine and I didn't get anything to eat, we just sat at one of the tables and talked.

"I wonder how safe it is to start a family?" Palestine asked.

"You can't be planning to start a family? Not in this Empire," I was shocked.

"I mean, we are all getting old and I have always wanted a baby," She sighed.

"Look, I don't even know anyone that would be a decent father." I explained.

"You are pretty all right," I noticed her blush.

"Look, I would make a terrible father, and we aren't even friends," I said.

"Did you just, less than friendzone me?" She asked.

"Yes. But hey, why don't we try and be friends, and hopefully by the time I'm in love with you, the Empire would have fallen," I explained.

"Yeah..." She sighed.

Ukraine's POV:

I got to kill him, I have too. I need to kill him. I can't live like this! It hurts too much!!

"I recommend you refrain from murder," The voice in my head advised.

"I recommend you shut the F#CK UP! Before I take some painkillers!" I shouted out loud.

My throat felt like it was burning and my tears felt like acid. I was able to make my way outside without being seen. I was in the garden looking for a weapon. I needed to kill him. I needed to.

I looked around the garden. The ground was perfect. The flowers were perfect. Everything was too f#cking perfect! It needed to go. All things that are perfect lie! They lie!!

They only lie! They lie to be perfect! It's the only way! That is why he is known as the Two-faced Empire!

I hate him! I hate him! I HATE HIM!!

I will kill him!

I stopped next to a perfect rose bush and looked down at one of the perfect roses. It looked perfect. I hated it. I placed my hand over it and squeezed down, watching its perfect petals fall. What was left of the rose looked sad and pathetic.

"Not so perfect now," I muttered.

"I strongly advise against this," The voice in my head said. I ignored it.

I came across the garden shed and noticed the stupid lock. I could see a small window and was more than prepared to break it. I was very weak, but I had determination. It took me around ten tries to smash that f#cker!

But I did it. I smashed it and climbed in. I didn't care that my arms were bleeding, it was any different to how I usually look.

I looked around the shed for the best weapon. There was a range gardening tool I could use, but my eyes fell upon the red axe that sat in the corner. Leaning against the wall.

It was beautiful. I walked over quietly and slowly. I reached out for the handle and as I felt the cold wood in my hand I shiver went down my spine. I gripped it and lifted it. It seemed the axe was really heavy but then again, I was really weak.

I found it easier to drag it. I could hold it for a couple seconds, but that was all I needed. I had enough strength to push it out the window and then I followed it.

I felt a huge rush as I looked upon the axe and picked it up to drag it. I felt powerful with the axe in my hand. I felt safe. I felt happy. For the first time in decades.

I was going to kill that f#cking perfect a$$hole! And I would enjoy every single face he makes as I finally cut that f#cker down!

A rose looks perfect until you try and pick it. The blood on your sleeves is the only thing to encourage you to make sure it never hurts anyone again.