Chapter 19

Niue's POV:

I received a small notification from our little spy in the American empire. It was a report from their most recent meeting. I decided it would be okay to leave the others to their mechanical wings. I had a job, after all.

I worked for the communications and intel office. I was to monitor communication between the spies we have all over the world. There are at least two in every empire. It wasn't a hard job, in fact, it was actually quite fun. My brother thinks the opposite.

I headed back to my office and shut the door behind me. I pulled up the report on the big screen and started reading through. I gathered notes on everything, from introducing their new spy to the supposed attack on Egypt.

I printed the report off and paired it with my notes. I stuck them both in a small folder and headed off to NZE's office.

I always felt uncomfortable around him, knowing what he has done, but at least I was one of his favourite workers. It may have been because I was one of the four- no, three sons of New Zealand.

I knocked on the door and waited for a response. I fiddled a little with the folder for a little. A couple of others passed by and greeted me happily. I hated this. Why was everyone so cheery all the time? They have all seen what goes on, it's not a secret.

"Ah, Niue, just in time," I felt NZE place his hand on my shoulder from behind.

"I thought you were in your office," I explained.

"I see you have the report... Come, walk with me and explain on the way," NZE proposed. I nodded.

I followed him closely behind. NZE was very strict about general etiquette. Walking in front or even side-by-side with him would give you a strike. NZE led me outside and then up the stairs to the roof. I didn't like being alone with him.

"Now, tell me. What has our spy reported?" He asked, staring at the beyond. That is what he calls it. NZE hasn't seen the world outside of his empire, he doesn't want to. Well, that isn't the case. He has to monitor the rebels to make sure his empire is strong. He believes he can conquer the beyond.

"Mexico reported that America will declare war on Egypt in the next few weeks and that he doesn't plan on enforcing military strength in the middle east." I started explaining as I read from my notes.

"Interesting. I will organise for Libya and Sudan to provide military support for Egypt and at the same time, we will launch a secret attack on Saudi Arabia. More land, more power. If that attack is successful we will move on to the smaller countries like Yemen and Oman," NZE planned out loud.

For a corrupt leader, he actually knew what he was talking about. It wouldn't be difficult to succeed with him leading us. If only he had morals.

England's POV:

I knew I needed to mentally prepare for what I was going to see. Russia slowly opened the door and the strong smell of gunpowder and blood filled my nose before I even stepped in. I held my breath and put one foot in front of the other.

The sight was more horrid than I imagined. France and Switzerland lay on beds on opposite sides of the room. Both looked immensely scared and unwell. Russia closed the door and sighed deeply.

Switzerland tried to say something, but all that came out were desperate mumbles and choking. I walked over to France, who seemed to be struggling against four restraints that held her limbs.

She started to flail around the place, fighting hard against the restraints. I wanted to help her. She looked like she was in pain. I turned to hope Russia would have some kind of idea of what to do, but my heart sank when I saw him pick up a small needle.

"What is that?" I asked nervously.

"Morphine and triazolam," He answered simply.

"Morphine is a pain killer! Let alone an addictive one! That isn't what she needs!" I shouted.

"I know. I'm only following orders," He sighed as he walked over to France and stuck the needle in her arm before I could stop him. I could tell she was terrified but still continued to struggle. A couple of seconds past and her breathing started to slow down as she seemed to fight to stay awake.

"Why is she falling asleep?!" I asked worriedly.

"What do you think, triazolam? It's a sleeping drug." Russia sighed. He pulled the needle out of her arm and threw it in a nearby bin. I was horrified to see that the bin was filled with needles. How many doses do they have a day?

"Now, Switzerland, are you ready for your dose?" Russia said, picking up another needle. It looked different from the one France had. France had fallen asleep now. I looked back over at Switzerland. He seemed to watch the needle in awe, as if it was the only joy in his life.

Russia stuck the needle in his arm and as the liquid entered his bloodstream, his whole body relaxed.

"Vecuronium bromide, it is almost a paralysing drug in the dose that he has it. It's mixed with morphine as well. He is addicted to it now and becomes panicked and worried whenever he can't have it," Russia explained as he threw the needle into the bin.

"That's horrible!" I exclaimed.

"I know, but this is our job. It's this or we end up like them," He sighed.

I looked over at Switzerland, who just laid there quietly. But I noticed something else.

"Where is his tongue!?" I asked.

"That was his punishment. For spreading the truth. He got his tongue cut out. You can't share the truth without your tongue," Russia explained as he sat down on a chair.

"How do you know all this? You seem to know your drugs very well, let alone what happened to them," I asked.

"I have been in this field of work for a while now. When you are too traumatised or overdosing people, you pick up a little information on drugs. You will learn too," He said blandly as he repositioned the bottles of possibly lethal drugs neatly.

So, this was my life now.