Chapter 7

Australia's POV:

This division thing seemed to take forever. Sitting in this garden would have felt peaceful, but I couldn't help but notice Samoa and South Africa talking quietly amongst themselves. Everything these days seemed shifty and untrustworthy. I knew if I tried to talk with them, they would give me the cold shoulder.

China sat at my side, admiring the garden. I had to admit; it was taken care of well. While the garden distracted me, I heard Samoa speak to me.

"Mr Australia, may I ask how the eye is?" He asked with a sh!t-eating grin plastered on his face. Even after these years, they like to twist the knife.

During the war, I had lost my eye. A bayonet that specifically belonged to New Zealand after he mutilated my left eye. I should have known I couldn't trust him. I remember that un-regretful look on his face when he knocked me to the ground. He smiled, he took pleasure as he mutilated my eye. I cover it with an eyepatch Japan designed for me shortly after the incident.

That very day was the day I knew we were no longer allies, but by then, he had taken Oceania and my daughter. I could never forgive him. I was only lucky that I still had allies in Asia that helped provide aid long enough for me to survive the war.

I felt sick just thinking about it. He didn't have a moral reason to start a war between the two of us. But I always got the feeling that it wasn't New Zealand who started the war.

"The division is complete," Ireland declared as he walked into the garden. He looked over at me briefly and then back at Canada. Canada nodded and then motioned for all over us to follow him.

We found the four territories sitting in small holding cells quietly. Clean and well dressed. We all approached our territories. I opened the door and watched as North Ireland looked back at me with a bitter look. He doesn't understand how lucky he is.

He stepped out and stood next to me. Scotland stood next to America, Wales was next to Samoa and England stood alongside Canada. I needed to speak with Wales, but the chance of me being able to was unlikely.

"What is going on?" North Ireland asked.

"It's been a while, but you will learn the rules, eventually. To start, do not speak unless I ask something of you," I answered calmly. I watched as Ireland placed his hand on North Ireland's shoulder. It was good to see them together. Well... they weren't together, yet.

With a lot of things on my mind, I tried to talk to Wales.

"Wales, I have a message I would like you to pass on," I asked. I did it quietly, hoping Samoa or South Africa wouldn't hear. Well, they still heard.

"What may this message be?" Samoa asked.

"I just want someone to tell Papua that I miss her and love her," I sighed.

"Aw, that's sweet. But no. Strict orders were given and need to be followed," Samoa answered coldly with a smile.

Wales's POV:

I felt like I was in the middle of something and backed away a little. South Africa stopped me, though. I waited quietly for instructions, as that is what everyone else seemed to do. I have to admit; I was a little disappointed that I didn't see New Zealand first up.

A few minutes of talking past before we left. The ride back to what I could suppose was New Zealand's Empire, it was a long and quiet ride, but it was relaxing. I felt bad for not saying goodbye to the others, but I didn't have much of a choice.

Once we had arrived, they treated me like someone important. Everyone there seemed to expect me and smiled when I passed them. No one spoke though. Samoa and South Africa led me through the building. It was large and looked like a cinder block from the outside. But inside, it was nicely decorated with all kinds of artworks and designs that flowed around the long hallways.

Everyone seemed happy, but for some reason, it made me uncertain. There was obviously more behind those smiles, and I would be the one found out. Along the walk, I had been subconsciously looking for Papua New Guinea as Australia's words stuck in my head. I had no luck, though. I guess this place was pretty big, so she could have been anywhere.

They directed me to a small office and told me to wait outside. Samoa and South Africa left. I felt increasingly nervous as I waited alone. I wondered what I was waiting for, but it didn't take too long for me to realise I was about to meet New Zealand for the first time in years.

I was partially excited to see my old friend again, but nervous at the same time. Something about this place seemed off.

I heard his voice command me to enter. I did. I opened the door and slowly walked in. I saw New Zealand sitting behind an enormous desk. He looked tired but still kept his composure. This was not how I imagined him to be now.

"It's good to see you finally, Wales, take a seat." He greeted me with a small, tired but maniacal smile. I sat down in the seat in front of the desk. He was acting all professional while also acting casual, and it just made me wonder where the real New Zealand was.

"It's good to see you too, New Zealand," I responded.

"Please call me New Zealand Empire," He requested. Strange.

"Oh, of course,". I felt stupid.

"Anyway, welcome to my Empire. You wouldn't happen to know how to use a gun, would you?" He asked. Is he expecting me to go to war? Also, who hasn't handled a gun before?

"Uh, yes, I know how to use a gun,"

"Good. I will need you to get a basic medical check and a fitting uniform before tonight's meeting," New Zealand Empire explained.

"Um, okay,"

"Don't sound so nervous, you will get used to your new home in no time, now, Angola is waiting outside my office and will escort you to where you need to go," He dismissed me.

I stood up and exited the office. As he had said, Angola was standing outside waiting for me.

"Wales, follow me," He asked. He seemed nice enough. He had led me to a small room, if it wasn't for the small barely readable signs above the doors I would have had no idea that it was a medical centre.

Despite not saying much else other than what needed to be said, Angola stayed with me throughout the medical check. We waited in the medical centre for half an hour before I was told I was malnourished but otherwise fine. Angola took me to another room, apparently to get my uniform. The suit I was wearing just didn't seem to cut it here.

The uniform I was given fit perfectly, almost like it was tailored to my exact dimensions. It came with a cap as well. I looked really good in my uniform. Angola gave me a name badge, and I fastened it to my shirt.

Lastly, I was led to a room which was where Angola said goodbye. When I walked into the room Madagascar who was sitting on her bed, greeted me. The room had two beds; I assumed the other bed was mine.

"So you're a cleaner too," She smiled.

"Cleaner?" I questioned.

~~~~~~~~~~

To those who would like to know what territories belong to which empire, here is a map I put together. For some reason, the Oceania Coutries and Islands don't really show up, but they are all ruled by the New Zealand Empire.

 For some reason, the Oceania Coutries and Islands don't really show up, but they are all ruled by the New Zealand Empire