Chapter 56

Jordan's POV:

I felt so many eyes pierce my back as Palestine led me out of the building with the gun to my back. Mexico's eyes burnt the the most. He looked disappointed in me and he immediately contacted the NZE. I couldn't imagine who else he would talk too.

As soon as we were out of the door, I let out a sigh, but went right back to panic as my fate settled in. Looking at the surrounding. This was the first time I had ever been outside of the building in years. I had no idea the we were surrounded by a forest. Did America position his Empire in the middle of a forest? The question momentarily distracted me.

"Now what?" Palestine shrugged. Her incompetence in the whole situation made me angry. Angrier than than I was.

"F#ck you!" I shouted. I started walking off, trying to get as far away from her as possible.

"Oh please, you're just angry you got caught." Palestine sneered. She followed after me.

"You have ruined my life!" I continued.

"Sure... blame me." Palestine rolled her eyes.

"You lied to me!" I shouted.

"You were a spy! You ruined your own life." She snapped.

"You knew for a long time that I was a spy. You caught me exchanging information with Cuba three years ago!" I said.

"I... yeah." She mumbled.

"You weren't doing this because I was a spy." I sighed. I waited for her to respond.

"Was it because I said I wouldn't let you touch the severed arm?" I asked.

"Partially." She pouted.

"It's an arm. Why touch it? I didn't even touch it! Because it's a f#cking severed arm!!" I said, getting annoyed.

"Are you bitter because you didn't get to touch the arm either?" She asked.

"Shut up." I mumbled. Honestly, I wasn't allowed to touch anything because for the past two years, I had been on the top suspicion list, but they had no proof until today.

"Who did it belong too?"

"What?"

"The arm. Who's arm was it?"

"Well, I guess since I'm no longer affiliated with anyone, it belonged to Antarctica." I explained.

"I thought climate change got to him years ago?"

"He wasn't just ice. You know that, right? But he got close to being a sunken continent and drowning. But NZE discovered a way to 'keep him above water'. But he's been reduced to the intelligence of a child," I continued to explain.

"Oh. Do you know who brought the arm in?"

"Papua New Guinea."

"You give away a lot of information for a spy."

"Ex-spy. I don't care anymore. It won't take long before they come to kill me. You'll probably die too."

"Wait. What?"

"Yeah. It was a part of the agreement. Stay under cover or be under ground." I joked.

"No! I refuse to believe this. How would they know."

"Isn't it obvious. The other spies would have reported it by now."

"There are more spies than just you?"

"You thought it was just me? If it was just me, America wouldn't be a prime a target." I mumbled

"What do you mean?"

"Nuclear war heads are always trained on America. You can never trust him."

Ireland's POV:

Well, since Japan's passing, Australia said I could take her place. It turns out the bulk of what she did was pretending to be an AI.

"I'm so scared. I can hear him coming," The voice on the other side was whimpering for the last few hours.

"Please talk to me. Bela's been gone ages and I don't want to die," He continued to whimper.

I honestly had no idea what was going on, but it sounded pretty bad. The desk I sat at had four buttons and a note that read 'do your best non-accent and don't let him know the truth'

"What the f#ck's a 'non-accent'?" I muttered. I pulled out the manual and started to read through it.

"In the situation that he is scared, offer to play a game to keep him calm. If he becomes to stressed, he can override the AI system. To offer a game, press the third and fourth button at the same time and read the following script." I read out loud. It was the closest thing I could find the situation.

"Let's play a game." I said, pressing the buttons. To my surprise my voice echoed back to me, but it sounded nothing like me. 

"A-a game? Right now? I think I'm going to-" His voice cut off by the sound of throwing up.

A warning sign popped up on the monitor in front of me. I flicked through manual but I honestly had no clue what I was doing. The only thing the manual read when it came to warnings was either, 'trigger the cyanide' or 'do nothing and wait for stability'.

"Hey, Ireland, how are you going?" Mr Australia asked as he walked into the room. I turned around quickly in the chair which yanked the headphone cable out of it's port.

"Um, it's going well," I said awkwardly. The sound of vomiting and crying was now able to be heard outside of the headphones.

Australia walked over to the monitor and plugged the headphones back in.

"This isn't a job for you. Maybe North can do this instead," Mr Australia sighed.

"Yeah... I have no clue what I'm doing." I admitted.

"Speaking of North, have you seen him at all?" He asked.

"Uh, no. But he can't have gotten that far," I answered.

"Did he try to escape?" He asked, taking my comment the wrong way. I did think it was weird that he looked concerned at the fact that he may have left.

"No! At least I don't think did. I'm just saying he is probably still around, maybe he got lost," I shrugged.

"I'll get the Korea's to deal with him."

"Oh, I honestly forgot about them" I shrugged.

Suddenly, my attention was drawn toward something else.

"Japan! Stop, leave them alone! I am taking you to the other side whether you like it or not!" Nepal shouted. He acted as if he was dragging something through the walls. He stopped partially when he saw me looking and waved.

"Anyway, now come on!" Nepal sighed, returning to what he was doing.

"What are you looking at?" Australia grumbled.

"I can see Nepal, he's right there." I said, pointing towards Nepal. Nepal stopped and starred at me as if I had stabbed him.

"Oh, really now." A smug grew on Australia's face as he pulled out a strange machine from within his jacket.