Chapter 4

Canada's POV:

I wasn't really expecting New Zealand to come, but I was no less than annoyed. I walked to the door once Denmark reached to open the door.

As the door opened, New Zealand's blank face came into view, and as reported, he was alone. I wasn't sure if it was just him, or if something's off. It had been a while since he deemed a meeting worth coming to in person.

"Canada, it's been a while," He said in a sombre tone.

"New Zealand, nice of you to come," I greeted back, matching his tone.

"You look unhappy, brother," He claimed, but the way he proposed it seemed to be in a way that he wants to know my secrets. Or maybe he already did? Whatever, it seemed creepy.

"Did you not bring anyone?" I asked, avoiding his statement.

"Just let me inside, it's cold," New Zealand responded, sounding a little annoyed.

"Of course," I answered, stepping aside and letting him inside. There was something not right about him. His uniform looked crooked, which was not like him. My mind flicked to the thought he could be an intruder. But I was too tired to deal with that kind of stuff. An intruder would make better company than New Zealand ever would, anyway.

Denmark led him to the convention room while I waited at the door for America, the last guest. Knowing him, he would do some kind of stupid entrance. As long as he doesn't break another window.

Suddenly, there was another knock at the door. Thank god, he was being civil for once. I opened the door to see... not America. Two countries stood in front of me, all official-like.

"Um, who are you?" I asked.

"Samoa, son of New Zealand, and we have come on behalf of the New Zealand Empire accompanied by South Africa," Samoa responded. I stood there, confused.

"On behalf? But New Zealand is already- you know what, just come in," I sighed, defeated. They followed me to the meeting area where Australia and New Zealand were talking and teasing UK.

"Why is America sitting in our seat?" Samoa asked, looking sceptically at 'New Zealand'.

"Is it that obvious? I thought I was killing it," America commented as he rubbed off the face paint.

"The uniform isn't tidy, you aren't wearing the correct badge, and the paint was melting. And let's not mention your horrible acting skills" Samoa pointed out.

"Thanks for the advice, it'll be perfect next time," America responded in his best cocky voice.

"America, move to your seat," I ordered.

"Right," America said, standing up. But before he could sit down in his seat, the sound of a window breaking was to be heard in the room over.

"What was that!?" I asked.

"My plus one," America answered as he put on his sunglasses. Dammit. He can't go one hour without breaking a window. I sent Denmark to collect America's 'plus one'. We waited awkwardly for Denmark to return, but in the meantime, UK started talking.

"So, I don't even get to see all four sons," UK said sarcastically.

"The New Zealand Empire was busy and couldn't make it," Samoa answered.

"And what exactly is it that made him busy?" America asked slyly, tapping his fingers against the table.

"Fortunately for you, you can find out by forfeiting your Empire and joining ours," Samoa responded.

"F#ck you," America answered with a matching hand gesture. Denmark came back into the room, guiding a slightly bleeding Mexico to his seat.

Samoa's POV:

This would be a long meeting. They had sent me out on multiple occasions to take New Zealand Empires place, but never with the other three Empires in one room. I, personally, didn't know what to expect. Well, some more manners were expected from America at least. My joke was great. He could've at least laughed.

He was lucky we didn't call him out for committing the crime of impersonation, may we add, terribly executed impersonation.

Oh well. We had our orders set. We were to bring back Wales, and if possible, Scotland. The more territory, the better. At least, that is how it works these days. It took a while, but we eventually got to the actual reason for the meeting and started mapping out territories.

We put in the request for Wales, and it was marked out. Australia seemed quiet but smug. There was something shifty going on, but I was not here to spy. Only to collect what we needed.

"And I will take England!" America announced.

"What makes you think you get the larger portion, England will remain my territory," Canada demanded.

"But I wanted James Bond," America complained.

"Stop whining! You are supposed to be the oldest and you sound like a child," Australia commented.

"Besides, you can always have Scotland," Canada added.

"If America doesn't want Scotland, we would happily take him off your hands," I added.

"I want Scotland," America mumbled as he jotted his name on the graph.

We didn't seem to notice until Australia scribbled his name on North Ireland if that was still an option.

"Well, now that we have all decided, shall we cut the cake?" Canada said in a cynical tone. Interesting analogy, but appreciated.

"Aren't you guys hungry? They promised me lunch," America added. We all rolled our eyes and Canada clapped for the food to be brought in.

"I guess dessert comes after the major meal," Canada sighed. They served the food. Spaghetti bolognese. Not the most original, but it tasted nice enough.

The room felt chilly as we ate. No one talked. The sound of America eating seemed to be enough to make up for the lack of conversation. There was a sense of nerves, but to identify from who, would be quite a challenge.

I finished my plate and waited patiently for the others to finish. Once done, we could 'cut the cake'. It fascinated me, I had always wondered what it would be like to watch a long-standing country turn to dust. It surprised me when the New Zealand Empire passed this opportunity to 'deal with the rebels' instead.

Canada, being the last one to finish lunch, stood up from his chair and looked down at the map, marked the Empire's names.

"Now, it is time," Canada grinned, looking at Australia. It was obvious the two had teamed up, but at this point, Australia would try anything to win back what he had lost. Even get into stupid allyships with rivals who have been planning on wiping the south out for years.