Chapter 20

Ukraine's POV:

I sat behind in my room. My bleeding is bad. I was almost certain both my eyes were bruised. It only took me a second to remember why I was trying to escape, but he didn't stop until I lost consciousness.

"Follow my advice, and I can free you," The voice in my head repeated to me. It was an annoying sound that made the ringing in my ear worse.

"How could he do this to me?" I cried quietly to myself. I looked around the mangled room of broken furniture and smashed vases with the occasional spot of blood. I would fight him. I couldn't even if I wanted to, Canada was stronger and overpowered every attempt I made.

He left me in my room. I was all alone when I regained consciousness, and all I did was crying for the next three hours. I don't remember much about the Australian Empire, but surely it was better than this.

Suddenly the door opened. I was afraid to see if it was Canada or not, so I covered my face in protection.

"Ukraine, it's me, I won't hurt you," I heard the gentle sound of my sister's voice.

"Bela?" I asked.

"Yes, it's me." She sighed. I lifted my head to see her pitiful expression observing my face.

She pulled out a small cloth and wiped away the tears and blood from my face. She began picking up the pieces of the shattered vase. She was a cleaner. She didn't wear a uniform, in fact, she looked to be dressed in rags with the only clean thing about her being the apron that was tied around her waist.

I didn't talk to her. I couldn't think of the words to say, and it appeared that neither could she. Belarus just cleaned up the room quietly and quickly.

"Recruit her," The voice commanded. It was a good idea. She was strong and appeared to hate it here.

"So second in command, are you ready for the gathering tonight?" Bela asked, breaking the silence.

"Me-meeting?" I stuttered as I tried to form the word.

"Yes. Canada plans on reintroducing you to everyone," Belarus answered. Her voice was cold and empty.

"You should probably get changed, Mr Canada is very strict on attire," She said, motioning towards a clean seat of clothes. I stood up shakily and walked over to the clothes, watching the ground to make sure I didn't step in anything sharp.

I picked up a neat white shirt. I slowly slid off the shirt I was wearing and Bela promptly left the room, closing the door behind her. The shirt was exactly my size. A small note fell from it as I started buttoning it up.

I picked up the note and read it to myself. As I read through the note, I began to feel sicker and sicker at the twisted threats Canada had left for me if I didn't follow his command. I scrunched up the note and threw it angrily across the room.

I guess there was no easy way to get out of here.

Scotland's POV:

The others had invited me to join them for their drinking night. I hadn't gotten drunk in years. Everyone was a little disappointed that Mexico wouldn't come. Apparently, there is an enemy within the American Empire and everyone except America believes its Mexico.

I never remembered him being this dull or work orientated. He seems like a spy to me. Although, that didn't matter to me. I needed to get myself drunk and celebrate becoming a spy.

We all came to a nice pub, it looked very clean and well managed. We all wandered in. The guys said they sold the best beer, but I would need to test that myself.

As the night went all we all got extremely drunk. It was the best feeling I've had in years. We stumbled out of the pub and been to wander around, doing stupid sh!t all over the place.

"Hey, hey... I have an idea," Brazil chuckled. We all turned to look at him expectantly.

"What's your idea?" I asked. As soon as I said that, Brazil pulled out a bag of balloons that haven't been blown up with. He then proceeded to blow one up and tie it off. Brazil led all of us back to the base and down to the door of America's room.

Brazil pulled out a small map pin and then popped the balloon. Almost immediately, we heard the child like screams of America as he fell off of something. We all laughed as we listened to him whimper.

A couple seconds later, America opened the door looking incredibly angry. He let out a stressed sigh when he saw us.

"Stop doing this!" He shouted angrily. America quickly noticed Brazil blowing up another balloon. He snatched the balloon out of Brazil's hands and the balloon deflated. We all laughed at the farting sound it made.

"All of you, go to your rooms!" He shouted.

"Okay, dad," Brazil snickered as he turned around to leave. I did too, but America stopped me.

"Not you, you can clean up the papers I dropped," America commanded. I still had that light drunk buzz that made me want to defy him, but something about the way that he looked at me suggested it would be smart to obey him.

I followed him into his room, in which he led me to a larger side room. The walls of the room were completely covered in monitors, each showing a different section of the base as well as some areas that weren't even a part of the base.

"I need you to pick up the paperwork, arrange it by date order and place it neatly on the desk over there," America commanded, pointing at the desk on the far end of the room. I begrudgingly sat down next to the piles of paper and began sorting them in date order.

"So, can you tell me your name?" America asked randomly.

"I am Scotland, you know this," I said as I read the date on another piece of paper.

"Who are you related to?"

"Wales is my baby brother and England is also my brother but likes to think he is our dad. Oh, and Ireland and Northern Ireland are my cousins," I answered.

"What is your relationship with them like?". I was starting to feel uncomfortable with all these personal questions.

"It's a little back and forth when it comes to England and I, but Wales and I are the best of brothers. Ireland and I are pretty chill, the same goes for Northy," I said proudly.

"What would you do if any of them were in danger?" A small grin grew on his face.

"What are you getting at?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Your brothers are a part of the two most hostile Empires and could be killed at any moment," He said briefly.

"What about my cousins?"

"Oh, they are with Australia, I'm sure they are safe with him. He is the least hostile," America sighed.