Chapter 53

Canada's POV:

Belgium stood in between the two of us. It seemed hard to tell who he was trying to help. He didn't say anything, he just stood there, looking really pale.

"Help me!" Belarus cried. She had fallen to the floor and was bleeding heavily.

"Please!" She begged. I tried my best to maintain a serious  stature.

"What are you doing just standing there?! Get the medics!" I shouted at Belgium. He turned to look at me and nodded, running out of the room to get help.

"No! Don't leave!" Belarus cried out once more, but Belgium was already gone. I was just her a me now.

I kicked my axe across to the other side of the room and knelt down in front of Belarus. She tried to back herself against the wall, but I could tell her leg was causing her pain.

"Are you okay?" I asked, sounding concerned.

"What the f#ck? Stop!" She shouted.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"S-stop. I know your tricks!" She stuttered.

"Calm down, your bleeding," I said calmly, putting my hand on her bleeding leg.

"Argh! That hurts!" She screamed.

"Don't worry, help is on the way." I said as I pressed my fingers deep in her leg wound. She screamed as I felt the jagged bone which once harbored my axe.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" She kept shouting as she tried to pull my hand out.

"No, you will bleed out if I let go," I explained. Although it was true, I had gotten lost in feeling the muscles and bone within her leg.

"I never meant to swing at you," I apologised.

"You f#cking two-faced sh!tstain!!" She shouted finally yanking her leg away from me.

Looking down at hand, it was covered in her blood. The muscle and veins reminded me a lot of the stressballs Mom would buy for me. I rubbed my fingers together in hopes to recreate the feeling.

I watched as she helplessly tried to crawl away, grasping at the ground. It didn't take long for Belgium to return with Finland who promptly tied a bandage around her injured leg tightly.

"He did this to me! Get me away from him!" Belarus begged, grabbing onto Finland's jacket.

"He is a dictator. I cannot do anything but try and keep you alive," I heard Finland respond. I got to my feet and stood behind Finland.

I liked Finland, he never pretended like I was a fair leader and yet he never questioned my decisions. Belarus was like that too, it's a shame she had to lash out.

As much as I would have like to let her bleed out, I still needed her to tell me where Uki was.

Finland was quick to take Belarus to a more appropriate facility. I was left alone in the bloodstained bedroom of Germany. Books lined the shelves and the torn up remains of his protest still sat in his bin.

That was when I noticed the broken needle that Belarus had tried to stab me with. I knew exactly where it came from.

Madagascar's POV:

"Hey Madi," I heard the familiar gentle voice.

I looked up to see Mali standing at my door, albeit, South Africa was standing behind her as a guard.

"Mali," I smiled weakly. She sat down next to me on my bed. Ever since the announcement of Wales passing, I barely had the energy to do my job. When I started working here, I quickly learnt to keep my distance from those who can leave at any moment. I just thought that I had more time.

"How long are you here for?" I asked.

"43 minutes," South Africa said, looking down at his watch.

"You said I had an hour with her!" Mali shouted angrily.

"I said you had an hour out of your cell. That is all the time NZE allowed you to have, understand?" South Africa explained calmly. Mali seemed to get really angry at him.

"Hey, anytime with you is worth it," I smiled, trying to get her to relax.

"Oh, look at me, I'm here to cheer you up and I can't even do that right," Mali sighed, pulling me in for hug. I had been missing her touch for quite some time. She was so warm and I couldn't help but sit quietly in her presence.

"I wish I could kiss you better, but I know how hard this can be." Mali said, kissing my forehead anyway. I could feel tears welling up again. No one else had come by to see how I was doing, but I wasn't expecting anyone too, but I'm glad that out of anyone who could have been here, it was Mali.

Mali leaned in really close to me, squeezing me tighter in the hug.

"Some of the other prisoners have claimed to see Wales fly off from their cell windows," She whispered under her breath. I tried my best to hide my reaction. countries can't fl-...

"Angola, I need to see him!" I shouted loudly.

"What? I don't have much time with you and you want to bring him into this?" Mali seemed a little offended.

"Uh, no. That wasn't what I meant. I just remembered something," I said defensively, pulling her back into a hug as if to prove a point.

"Oh, good. It would be a shame to waste my brief freedom," Mali chuckled.

"I would be great if your freedom wasn't only brief," I mumbled.

As if it was magic, alarms started to go off and a verbal report came over South Africa's transmission devise.

"All available guards report to the main corridor to restrain Samoa"

I noticed out of the corner of my eye as Mali kicked a small item, maybe a watch, but it stopped near the door. I was a little confused at first, but I realised what she was doing when South Africa turned to leave and tried to slam the door behind him.

The doors on all the rooms all had automatic locks on them, the item stopped the door from closing.

We waited for a second.

"It must be my birthday," Mali smiled, standing up and reaching out her hand. I took her hand, not knowing what else to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yo, it's me again.

I was recently reading the comments at the start of this story. They inspired me to say to ask, now knowing what each Empire is capable of which would you rather live under?