Chapter 29

America's POV:

I noticed Mexico coming out of the security room. Probably checking the cameras for me. He was such a great worker. Something seemed off about him though. He had strange marks around his neck as if he had been strangled.

"Mexico, are you okay?" I asked out of concern.

"Yes, Mr America. Everything is fine. Gray was just acting a little hostile." He muttered as he rubbed his neck. He looked uncomfortable.

"Did you want the rest of the day off? You have done so well today," I offered. I didn't like seeing him hurt, but he was usually very resistant.

"No, I'm okay." He said.

"Oh, okay. Do you have any more duties? Because I feel like a coffee would be good about now. You can get yourself one too," I smiled. I had been very stressed about everything and I wasn't getting a lot of sleep lately. Everyone says I'm paranoid, but I know there is a spy. I'm looking at Brazil on this one, he seems shifty.

"Okay, I'll get you your coffee. Will you be in your office?" He asked.

"I guess, unless I get distracted," I sighed.

"Oh, yeah. I gave the hand into the lab for DNA testing, the results should come in about an hour," Mexico said as he walked off to get me some coffee. I couldn't imagine a better worker than him.

I walked down to my office and sat in the chair. I didn't feel like spinning around today. I had noticed that there was an unauthorised transmission sent during the day. The spy is still out there and I bet that they are working for The NZE. Whoever they are, I will find them soon.

I looked down at the mess of files on my desk and already felt bored. I cleared away some of the mess and found an old map at the bottom. I looked down at it. I missed the days where everyone was their own country and not under the rule of an Empire. As fun as being an Empire is, it's a lot of work and work is the most least fun.

It's a shame how the world turned out. If only New Zealand wasn't so strategic and ambitious, maybe I could have successfully ruled the world. There I go again, blaming my failures on my brothers. I should be proud. We are related, even if my brothers are all backing-stabbing liars who get their kicks by torturing those who rebel. Yes I know about that. They can't hide from me.

"Hey, Mr America, what the hell was that?!" Scotland shouted from behind me. I knew he would not be happy about this.

"Look, the mission failed, but we were able to gain something from it," I explained.

"My little brother is still with that tyrant!" He shouted.

"Wales is probably fine, or dead. One or the other, but no guarantees,"

"I want my little Wales back and safe!" I don't think Scotland was very happy.

"Hey, I'm back with your coffee, just the way you like it too," Mexico said as he walked in. Mexico stopped and looked at us.

"Scotland, we will try again soon, but right now, I need my coffee," I muttered as I pointed him to the door.

Belarus's POV:

I was running out of things to do. Life is not getting easier and with Ukraine back, things could get a lot worse. But for now, I couldn't let Canada have knowledge of Ukraine's predicament.

I wasn't surprised that Russia wasn't too keen to help Ukraine. Russia barely ever leaves the mental recovery unit, I'm almost convinced that he likes it down there. He is mentally deteriorating.

I almost made it to Ukraine's room when I ran into Canada.

"Hello Belarus, what are you up to?" He asked in a sinister tone.

"I'm heading to Ukraine's room to clean up the rest of the mess you made," I responded.

"Watch your tone. Ukraine brought it upon himself," He explained.

"Would you like to break any more lamps over his head. I know Ukraine didn't break those lamps," I snapped.

Canada struck me over the face, hard. I fell to the ground and he walked past me. He didn't have the slightest bit of remorse. He never cared for anyone but himself.

I waited for him to leave completely before I stood back up. I still had the painkillers in my hand.

I made it to Ukraine's room finally and shut the door behind me. I locked it too. I didn't want any chance of Canada coming in again.

I looked over at where Ukraine was sitting. His back was pressed up against the wall and he looked like he was in a lot of pain. He wasn't vomiting up any more nuclear waste though. That was good. I sat down next to him and patted him on the back.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked. Ukraine nodded his head slowly, still somewhat flinching at larger movements.

"I brought you some painkillers to ease the pain," I said, holding the small pills in my hand.

Ukraine looked down at the painkillers in my hand and seemed to think for a moment, but then, suddenly Ukraine whacked my hand really hard and the pills landed on the other side of the room.

"Ukraine!? What the hell?" I shouted. Ukraine doesn't usually act like this.

"I-I didn't want them," He muttered.

"You could have just said so. Painkillers are hard to come by in the empire," I scolded back. I stood up grumpily and walked over to where the pills had landed and picked them up. I stuck them in my pocket for later. I could trade the pills for extra food tickets. I turned around, ready to leave the room.

"Wait. I need to ask you something," Ukraine called. I turned around and faced him.

"What is it?" I asked, snarkily.

"Do you want to help me take down Canada?" He asked.

"Uh, no sh!t. Canada is the worst. But last time you tried, you got Germany killed and Switzerland traumatised," I mentioned.