Chapter 40

Scotland's POV:

"F#ck."

I haven't left my room since complaining to America. That mother f#cker is a wimp. The only thing he has been doing is interrogating that stupid girl. If it was up to me, I would have killed her by now.

I haven't gotten any orders. The only thing I've been doing is drinking. There is so much alcohol around the place, it's the only good thing about this stinking empire.

"Oi, Scotty! Come out, I have a task for you!" I heard someone call from outside my door.

I stumbled over to the door and peaked out to see Mexico. I felt a little tipsy. I was never close with him, but I always imagined him being a little more upbeat. But, looking at him, he looked like he had gone through a second depression.

"What's the task?" I asked.

"Are you drunk?" He asked back, looking at me with a disapproving look.

"Maybe," I answered honestly. Mexico rolled his eyes and grabbed my arm. He pulled me along the hallway and after a while he let go and just walked next to me casually. It seemed a little off, but I didn't really think much of it at the moment.

"So, what's the task?" I asked.

"Drink this," Mexico said, handing me a bottle of cheap beer. Alcohol was alcohol so I swigged it down. There was something about the drink that seemed far stronger than anything else here. It was really good.

Mexico led me into a room and sat me down on a chair. He closed the door and turned on a light. I saw Jordan sitting in a chair across the room. Mexico walked over to Jordan and started arguing with him. I couldn't tell what they were saying though.

I knew their argument was getting heated when Jordan stood up and started shoving Mexico. It was kind of funny as Mexico shoved back.

Eventually it got to a point where Jordan shoved past Mexico and headed for the door, but the door must have been locked because he didn't leave.

"Alright! Scotland, what do you think about America?" Mexico eventually asked.

"He's a f#cking piece of sh!t," I mumbled.

"Do you still want to save Wales?" He asked.

"F#ck yeah. He's my little brother." I answered.

"Well, Jordan and I have a proposal for you," Mexico said, he had a smug grin on his face.

"Does it include more of this stuff?" I asked, holding up the bottle.

"Uh, sure. But you aren't to drink it on the job," Mexico sighed.

"Then I'm in," I smiled.

"Great," Mexico walked over to me and slid a small item into my shirt pocket and one in my pants pocket.

"What is this for?" I asked.

"Nothing important. You have a spy mission though. You are to convince America to let you do the trades with Australia," He explained. I was finding it hard to understand, so I just randomly nod.

This will go well.

Dominion's POV:

"Do, do, do. Just sitting in the vents. All alone." I sang quietly to myself. This was getting old fast.

Not allowed to leave the vents, restrained by makeshift shackles around my leg. I guess it was my own fault. I miss being a leader, now I'm just a background character. There isn't anything to do except plot against "New Zealand" that a$$.

I was the first New. The first leader but I made one mistake and was demoted to prisoner. And now, I'm an enemy of both the NZE and the very rebelion I started. How did it come to this?

I honestly don't know why we didn't give Papua the title of leader. She would have made an excellent New. But instead, we gave it to that half-dead idiot. It was a good idea at first, but he was already very unwell.

I want to be New again.

Suddenly, I heard the echoey noise of someone crawling through the vents. I positioned myself in a less pathetic pose while hiding the shackle..

Wales crawled through and looked at me. I was glad it was him.

"Hello Wales," I smiled.

"Uh, hi." He said awkwardly.

"Did you need something?" I asked.

"I was looking for someone else, but would you happen to know where this came from?" He asked. Wales held out a small pin with a yellow flower. It had writing on it that I couldn't understand, but it did look familiar.

"I have seen it on someone's uniform," I said.

"I found it on Madagascar's uniform," Wales explained.

"Oh. I can't say I know for sure where it came from, but every now and again, shipments come in and Madagascar used to work on managing that. She was demoted to cleaner when she was caught stealing something small," I said.

"Why was she stealing?"

"I don't know. My best guess would be because she liked it, but don't quote me on that," I said.

Wales seemed to be thinking to himself. I don't know why this situation seemed so awkward. We always got along well in the past. I thought things would be the same now, but then again, I lost my flag.

"Wales, do you know who I am?" I asked.

"Dominion?" He said unsurely.

"Close enough," I muttered to myself.

"What have you been up to?" I asked.

"I have been doing a lot of cleaning, I guess. Angola has been making me some mechanical wings," He said.

"That's cool,"

"Yeah,"

This was just getting really awkward and uncomfortable. I wasn't really sure if I could carry this conversation for much longer.

"I should probably be going now," He mumbled as he started backing out of the vent. I nodded and then was once again, alone.

I don't know what I am doing anymore. I want to get out of the vents and socialise again. I want to see everyone again. I want to get out of here and make things better.