3. Lost My Heart

"How did you run over her roses but. I'm confused..."

Shen Wei looked down at his lap, fixed his glasses. Silence. Ye Zun realised he strung the wrong note.

"Thank you for the ride," Shen Wei signed after a pause and even when he did not speak a word, Ye Zun could sense the humility and Ye Zun hated it when his own twin was so formal with him

Yezun decided to fix it.

"You made me take the Volvo. You know who drives a Volvo, Tiny? Poor people!" he snapped and continued driving with his eyes on the road.

 You know who drives a Volvo, Tiny? Poor people!" he snapped and continued driving with his eyes on the road

Shen Wei quickly looked at his mirror image, a tight-lipped smile made its way to his lips. He knew what his twin was attempting at.

"What was the problem with Ferrari, tell me," Ye Zun tapped the steering wheel.

"iht wha- whas..." Shen Wei stressed with each word, his eyes blinking involuntary, his lower lip tremble in the attempt.

"... too much for your poor friends?" Ye Zun gave him a slighting smile, finally glancing at him before again turning at the road ahead.

Shen Wei frowned and looked away. He knew he could never win when it was Ye Zun who was a master of words while he could not even talk properly. His twin chuckled. After a few minutes, they were in front of the school where Shen Wei taught.

"Hey, Tiny..."

Shen Wei turned. Ye Zun looked at the innocent face, he could see so much of himself in Shen Wei and suddenly it made him all the sadder. They were practically the same people but had two different lives, starkly different. He wanted to apologise on his parents' behalf but couldn't, knowing it wouldn't be enough. Instead, he did what he was good at.

"Next time you flip me off, I swear I'm gonna chew your middle finger off," He glared and wore his glasses back.

Shen Wei gulped and watched in horror as his elder twin slid the window back up and drove off. He did not seem to be kidding. Shen Wei turned, fixed the collar of his shirt, and entered the place where he felt home. A place where he felt he truly belonged, the School for Deaf.